Principal Product Manager - Technical, Automatic Speech Recognition
- Seattle, WA
Alexa is the groundbreaking, cloud-based intelligent agent that powers Echo and other devices designed around your voice. Our teams create the speech recognition science and technology behind Alexa. Our goal is to delight our customers by delivering the world's best speech recognition powering the world's best artificial intelligence. Join us!
We're seeking a Principal Product Manager (Technical). In this role you will you will define, execute, and deliver a product roadmap that adds great value to Alexa's customers. You will participate in developing the strategy and vision for the group, and you will develop and look after product roadmaps and features based on team strategy and vision. This role is inherently cross-functional -- you will work closely with science, engineering, design, operations, finance and executive teams to bring features to market and develop and grow business opportunities for Amazon. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that customers love.
You should be a problem solver who is excited by hard never-been-solved before challenges, and enjoys working with Science and tech teams collaboratively. You should be somebody who is passionate about leading programs that have both broad influence and unique science and technical challenges to solve, and equally comfortable interacting with business units on their business needs. You enjoy a close-knit team environment of shared responsibility. This role requires great technical expertise, and ability to dive deep into the science based challenges and solutions we solve on a daily basis. The ideal candidate will have experience leading delivery across Science and Engineering disciplines, and an established track record of delivering large complex programs as well as effectively influencing up and across the organization.
• Own large scale Product areas within the speech recognition space
• Innovate on behalf of our customers
• Identify needs, opportunities, and gaps, and accordingly drive product strategy, roadmap, and features
• Manage the product lifecycle from strategic planning to tactical execution
• Lead the functional design and product experience
• Prioritize Science and Engineering work, and balance the requirements of customers and stakeholders
• Define success criteria, goals, and metrics for your initiative
• Manage stakeholder and executive engagement
• 8+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Masters of Business Administration
• Broad technical breadth and depth including familiarity with Machine Learning
• Proven track record of delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and driving innovation on behalf of internal and external customers
• Comfortable assessing and taking risks
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs, and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
• High attention to detail including precise and effective stakeholder communication, and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
• Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
• History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top