Principal Product Manager - Technical - Alexa Skills Kit
- Seattle, WA
Are you passionate about voice technology and revolutionizing how humans interact with computers? Interested in Alexa, the brain behind Amazon Echo? The Amazon Alexa team is looking for an innovative Principal Product Manager to help drive our product strategy for Alexa's Runtime Services, which power the interactions customers have with Alexa and enable developers to craft these experiences.
In this role you will work closely with developers, both in and out of Amazon, to deeply understand their needs and aspirations. You will create product requirement documents and own the long-term roadmap for Alexa's Runtime Services, the connected fabric powering Alexa's experiences. You'll also work closely with teams across the company, including Alexa Games, Alexa Music, Alexa Smart Home, and Alexa Smart Properties. Your goal will be craft a vision for how we can empower developers to deliver personal experiences and extend them to new areas of innovation. You will define how we evaluate these opportunities, build internal and external relationships to scope them, prioritize our roadmap, and then work with a development team to deliver it.
A successful candidate will have a passion for developers, along with experience with cloud services and/or mobile application development. You'll have experience working closely with colleagues from engineering, UX, and marketing to deliver products. You'll be familiar with common developer platforms and have a background in product management. You must be analytical, able to work effectively across multiple organizations, and adept at synthesizing technologies into delightful user experiences. You should also be looking to join a great team that enjoys collaborating together to solve problems.
• 8+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Engineering
• MBA or Master's Degree
• Entrepreneurial, with a track record of shipping products
• Experience interacting with developers and translating their needs into scoped requirements
• Experience with platforms and development tools
• Superior verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work autonomously and drive structure around ambiguous problems and projects
• Exhibits excellent judgment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Back to top