Principal Product Manager - Technical, Alexa Prize (Boston, Seattle or Bay Area)
- Seattle, WA
The Principal Product Manager Technical, acting as the General Manager (GM), you will define how people engage with the Alexa Prize, a university-based series of challenges intended to accelerate advancements in conversational AI. We are an upstart team building for the future and looking for exceptional individuals to join us. We solve complex technical and business problems with ingenuity and simplicity. The right person will have a passion for and knowledge of AI technology and associated trends, a high level of customer obsession, a strong demonstrated ability to build repeatable and scalable processes, and is an independent operator skilled at negotiating resources and working cross-team to deliver on behalf of customers.
As the Principal Product Manager - Technical for Alexa Prize your first assignment will be helping define and lead the strategy for the latest Alexa Prize Grand Challenge; the Alexa Shopping Task Grand Challenge as well as future opportunities for the Alexa Prize.
• Own and define the vision, strategy, and product roadmap, manage tradeoffs and dependencies with key stakeholders, and execute on deliverables
• Work closely with the engineering team to develop an offering that will delight customers
• Monitor the business and refine the roadmap
This role is cross-functional -- you will work closely with engineering, business development and operations, finance, PR, legal and marketing to bring the Task Grand Challenge to market and develop and grow new business opportunities for the Alexa Prize. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, able to work effectively in a matrixed organization, an excellent communicator (spoken and written), and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and experiences that customers love.
• Master's Degree
• 10+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Understanding of ML technologies and related applications
• Experience delivering consumer software products and services in a high growth environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
• History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
• Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Passion for creating innovative solutions for consumers
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate new ideas
• High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
• Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with continuous innovation.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
Back to top