Principal Product Manager - Technical, Alexa Music Partners
- Seattle, WA
Want to transform the way people enjoy music? Come join the team that made Prime Music, Spotify, Pandora, Apple Music, Live radio and more available to Alexa customers.
You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design and architecture for a product that is used every day by people you know. We're looking for people who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of product ownership, and want to have fun while they make history.
We're seeking a Principal Product Manager to work closely with our top partners to design and build new customer-facing experiences. In this role you will be responsible for managing the relationship with key partners and conceptualizing, scoping and delivering large projects end-to-end. Responsibilities include managing partner interactions, holding meetings with C-suite executives, developing forward looking strategic partner road maps, understanding/translating customer needs into business and systems requirements, driving project schedules from design to release and managing the production launch. You will be expected to make appropriate trade-offs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal and external teams. You will be frequently working with senior leadership within Amazon, so written and verbal skills are important.
The right candidate will possess a strong product background, have experience managing large partners, have experience launching large features, and have a well-rounded technical background. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment and not be hindered by ambiguity. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves and get the job done.
• Bachelor's degree
• 8+ years of Product Management experience in a related industry
• 8+ years of managing external partner relationships
• Experience managing efforts in Unix/Linux environments, distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications
• Working knowledge of current web technologies
• Experience with business applications such as Word and Excel
• Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
• Experience working with multi-million dollar contracts
• Previous experience building products that leverage A.I., Machine Learning, Natural Language Understanding, and/or big data
• Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Back to top