Principal Product Manager - Technical, Alexa Music
- Seattle, WA
Want to transform the way people enjoy music? Come join the team that made Spotify, Pandora, Apple Music, Prime Music, Live radio, and more available to Alexa customers.
You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, and architecture for a product that is used every day by people you know. We're looking for people who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of product ownership, and want to have fun while they make history.
As a Principal Technical Product Manager, you will shape the future of how customers experience audio on Alexa. You will own the "Alexa for Creators" initiative, defining the vision, strategy, and product and tech roadmap for an exciting new partner segment within the Alexa ecosystem that will unlock new engagement and monetization opportunities. In this "Think Big" role, you will get to define new ways for end customers to interact with creators, with an initial focus on audio categories like music (artists), radio (show hosts and DJs), and podcast. You will build platform capabilities for music providers like Pandora, Spotify, and Apple Music to deliver those experiences through their Alexa skills. You will own a product and technical roadmap and influence other teams like Alexa Skills Kit and Amazon Music. You'll also own driving project schedules from design to release and managing the production launch of new features with high-profile music and radio provider partners. You will be expected to make appropriate trade-offs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals and metrics, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal and external teams. You will be frequently working with senior leadership within Amazon, so written and verbal skills are key.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong product leadership background fostering cross-team collaboration with business, technical, and design counterparts, experience launching large features, and deep technical competency combined with a passion for technology trends. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment and not be hindered by ambiguity. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves and get the job done.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 10+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with feature delivery and trade-offs of a technical (e.g. software-oriented) product
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience creating roadmaps, and translating solutions into detailed user stories and managing a story backlog
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
• A history of excellent judgment, based upon strong market and product vision and excellent data-driven analysis
• Broad technical breadth and depth
• Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals, both orally and in writing
• Previous experience building products that leverage A.I., Machine Learning, Speech/Natural Language Understanding
• Experience in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, dynamic environment.
• Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
• Nimbleness and comfort with ambiguity; ability to respond rapidly to evolving threats and opportunities
• Cross-functional partnership; ability to influence for change across team and functional boundaries
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Back to top