Are you passionate about Artificial Intelligence, Smart Home, Internet-of-Things, Automation, and Natural Language Interfaces? Do you want to work in a fast paced environment surrounded by the smartest and most customer obsessed product, engineering, marketing, and data science leaders on the planet, where the future is still to be defined? If so, the Alexa Routines team is looking for a Product Manager to help revolutionize our experience for customers by building personalized automations that simplify actions to set our customers free to live life to the full.
Our mission is to develop and drive adoption of automations that simplify our customers' life while accelerating engagement with Alexa. Automations allow developers (Experience Builders) to configure "if a specific event (trigger) happens, then execute one or more actions". Routines is a first party customer facing manifestation of Automations, although the system itself is envisioned to support both internal and external developers. Our team is based in Seattle (WA), Irvine (CA) and Arlington (VA). We are a single threaded organization with a combination of end customer experiences and platform technologies. We strive to keep things Day 1, and fun.
In this role you will imagine, define and deliver innovative solutions that help our customers automate their lives. You will utilize an ever growing set of signals, especially ambient ones the customer does not need to track, to initiate these automations. You will use machine learning to identify automations that may be relevant to customers. You will invent new devices and experiences to bring magical scenarios to life. Responsibilities include:
• Defining vision and requirements for customer scenarios.
• Work with engineering and science to advance state of the art.
• Driving adoption and engagement of your feature portfolio.
• Working across Amazon to amplify the impact of your product.
To be successful, you will have built a career track record of launching and growing adoption of new innovative technologies. You will have a well-rounded background with ability to work with engineering and science functions. You will know how to thrive in a fast paced entrepreneurial and ambiguous environment. You have the ability to influence stakeholders in a large organization and take on big bold bets. You are not above rolling your sleeves up to do whatever it takes to bring your innovations to customers and continue to delight them.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• 8+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Masters of Business Administration
• Demonstrated experience working with multiple teams in a large organization
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts
• Demonstrated experience engaging and influencing executive leadership
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
• Solid understanding of the software development process
• Demonstrated track record of delivering new features and products
• Passion for innovating on behalf of customers
• Good collaborator and able to efficiently communicate with other technical and non-technical roles
• Data-driven decision maker, interested in learning new technologies
• Experience working in the ML/AI space
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age