Alexa AI -Natural Understanding team is looking for a seasoned product leader to help set strategic direction and drive Multimodal AI roadmap. As a Principal Product Manager-Technical, you will define, build and ship new multimodal Alexa capabilities driven by machine learning (ML) technologies such as computer vision, NLP, and speech/audio. The right candidate will possess a strong strategic aptitude, experience managing end-to-end product lifecycle of medium to large features that leverage ML systems, and have a well-rounded technical background. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment and not be hindered by ambiguity. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves and get the job done. This is a high-visibility role with an opportunity to work alongside top-notch science, engineering and design team to build delightful Alexa features and help shape the future of multimodal AI.
• Build vision, strategy, and roadmap for multimodal AI capabilities that will enable step-change impact for Alexa - balancing customer needs, science/tech readiness, and business impact
• Create buy-in for the product vision with senior executives and key stakeholder teams by developing detailed "working backwards" documents for a set of new multimodal AI applications
• Work closely with science, engineering, design, user research and program management teams to deliver new product innovations to market
• Manage the product life cycle from strategic planning to feature prioritization and tactical execution
• Define metrics and KPIs that inform product success
• Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
• 8+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• MBA or Master's degree or higher
• Experience leading end-to-end product lifecycle and shipping products with notable customer impact
• Experience driving and contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Have a good pulse on innovations across the broader multimodal and conversational AI community to help identify new product opportunities and investment bets.
• Comfortable with ambiguity and be motivated by a fast-paced, highly collaborative and entrepreneurial environment
• History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.