Principal Product Manager, Technical, Alexa
- Seattle, WA
Imagine a world where Amazon's Alexa voice assistant is always with you on-the-go. The Alexa Mobile Team is looking for a Principal Product Manager who will bring that vision to life.
In this role you will own our team's Strategic Planning & Roadmap functions. You will work closely with our engineering and product leadership teams, as well as with our internal customers, to ensure that our 3-36 month roadmap is tailored to meet the needs of our customers, our highest priority business opportunities, and incoporates the latest advancements in mobile technology. You will be the team's roadmap and planning interface to the Alexa Executive team.
To date, you will have demonstrated the ability to manage complex SW roadmaps and shepherd large strategic product bets through from concept to launch. You enjoy approaching your work in an organized and methodical fashion, as well as building relationships between teams.
You have experience developing mobile customer experiences, are highly analytical, able to work effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into visually appealing, high quality, simple-to-use app products that customers love.
• Lead the development of the consumer-focused product strategy and vision
• Define creative, high quality, simple product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
• Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
• Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load
• Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
• Work closely with engineering teams and program management to deliver products to market
• Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
• Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline or equivalent professional or military experience
- 10+ years of professional experience
- 5+ years of consumer facing software product management experience
- Experience working on Android, iOS, Windows or other mobile software/applications
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and services with three to six month deadlines.
- Experience coordinating product development cycles and software development schedules across multiple organizations
- MBA or Master's degree
- Passion for creating innovative solutions for consumers in mobile and wireless technologies.
- Experience working with mobile OEMs and mobile app developers.
- Experience with developer and platform evangelism.
- Experience delivering solutions enabling customers to discover, install, and manage mobile apps and/or services.
- Product management experience with voice based user interfaces and virtual assistants.
- Experience delivering mobile focused consumer software products and services in a high growth environment
- 5+ years of consumer facing software product management experience in mobile applications and mobile platform ecosystems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions - Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
- High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Broad technical breadth and depth including familiarity with mobile technology, wireless standards including IEEE Bluetooth and BLE protocol stack, web services and back-end application infrastructure.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top