Principal Product Manager - Technical, Advertising
- Boulder, CO
Amazon Advertising seeks the world's brightest and best Technical Product Managers to help us build next-generation solutions that enable advertisers, sellers, vendors, and their partners to grow their brands and business with Amazon via advertising across display and video.
We specifically seek candidates who want to join a team focused on building large-scale products that integrate across multiple sources to provide unique advertising products. These products drive marketing investments into Amazon by giving advertisers the controls and data necessary to prove the efficacy of Amazon advertising. In this role you will drive the technical design and roadmap for a well-recognized and significant portion of our advertising business focused on the advertising experience and ad creatives.
You want to challenge yourself and your teams to develop innovative products and disruptive business strategies. You are obsessed with unleashing the business potential our customers demand and transforming the digital advertising landscape by leveraging the world's foremost eCommerce platform to generate novel advertising solutions.
The PM will take on responsibility to keep current with how the marketing services market is evolving, and who are the key players in the ecosystem. In parallel, the PM will keep deep research on voice of customer how our current and prospective customers are evolving their advertising, and larger marketing, strategies. Since advertising industry is undergoing rapid transformation, this is a critical responsibility to keep abreast of happenings, and consistently relay a viewpoint to internal stakeholders.
The individual in this role will have responsibility through the full technical life cycle, from strategy and prioritization through delivery and go-to-market. You will manage a team of dedicate software development managers. This role requires product leaders that can get deep with engineering, design and business leaders.
• 8+ years of technical product management, program management or engineering experience
• 2+ years of experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience leading engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years product management or engineering management experience in digital advertising, eCommerce, or related industry
• 5+ years of experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product, and with end to end product delivery; experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Master's degree in Business, Computer Science or related field
• Demonstrated track record of leading a medium to large-scale 'program' from conception through completion, demonstrating multi-functional skills to make it successful
• Deep understanding of concepts and technology related to Advertising including Programmatic and Digital advertising
• An innate ability to handle multiple contending priorities in an energizing environment, with demonstrated ability for being detail-oriented, self-motivated and driving follow-through
• Strong verbal and written communication abilities: must effectively communicate with technical and non-technical people
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience working cross-functionally with engineering, design, product, and project management counterparts to deliver products/services
• Passionate about generating big, creative ideas to differentiate in the market, growing the business and working with advertisers and agencies to build innovative products
• Ability to establish and manage projects and initiatives against a set of key metrics and goals
This position starts at $123,300/yr. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Amazon benefits, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top