Do you want to build a business from the ground up? Are you interested in building new devices/services? If yes, you should consider the Devices team. We are launching new devices/services globally, and are looking for an exceptional product leader to lead those. As Senior Product Manager-Technical, you will be the Single Threaded Owner (STO) responsible for launching new devices/services, will own end-to-end delivery and will drive regular progress meetings with Devices Senior Leadership.
As the STO, you will be responsible for launching new devices/services. In your role, you will challenge the status quo to deliver step change improvements in how Amazon builds new devices/services in new or developing product verticals. You will have to make innovative and tough choices to lead new devices/services to completion within your cost and customer satisfaction guardrails, and working with multiple external and internal teams (hardware, software, operations, marketing, finance and more). The target opportunity is massive, but also ambiguous and unconventional. You will take the new devices/services globally by adapting and scaling them across a range of geographies.
This exceptional role requires an individual with a track record of shipping devices/services, experience working with ODMs and engineering teams, experience working with multiple partner teams across geographies, and stellar leadership skills to create a vision and rally teams around a common goal. The successful candidate will have a passion for innovating, have deep technical expertise, be comfortable with ambiguity and be motivated by a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
• 8+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Past experience in a high performance start-up or incubation effort within a larger company
• Experience in electrical, smart appliances, or IOT
• Self-starter/start-up mentality