Amazon is all in on games. We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and e-sports of today, will continue to a future where everyone is a gamer and every gamer can create, compete, collaborate and connect with others at massive scales. If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future's most influential voices in media and art, and want to help developers around the world succeed and build these next-generation games -- come join us.
We are an Amazon Web Services (AWS) team obsessed with helping game developers revolutionize the way they build and run their games, helping them bring their ideas to market faster and at a lower cost. We aim to address game development challenges for customers at any scale. Our solutions are used by Indie developers working on mobile games, as well as some of the largest studios building triple-A titles for consoles and PCs.
We are looking for a passionate technical product manager who stays abreast of innovations in the games industry and can use that knowledge to inspire big ideas and identify new business opportunities to accelerate customer success. An expert in data-driven product management and the experience to find new ways to validate a hypothesis when no direct data exists. We need a leader who thinks big, isn't afraid of complex challenges, and moves with urgency and focus to drive key initiatives that positively impact our customers.
• Proactively understand game developers problems and incept large-scale ambitious projects that span multiple customers and segments.
• Define the vision, north star metric(s) and KPIs for measuring results.
• Develop product strategies, roadmaps and tactical execution plans for solving customer problems.
• Understand growth levers and ensure execution is measured against those levers.
• Creates mechanisms that drive alignment and eliminate excess process.
• Ensure flow of communication in all directions including to management and key stakeholders.
• Drive strategic communication both internally and externally.
• Drive service awareness, adoption and partner with account teams to close opportunities.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline.
• 5+ years of product engineering experience.
• 5+ years in product management experience.
• Experience designing, building and shipping Software as a Service (SaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), or Platform as a Service (PaaS) sold to and/or integrated by a technical customer.
• MBA or Master's degree in a related field.
• Experience with gaming technologies.
• Deep knowledge of the core systems in one technology domain and/or broad understanding of systems/technologies in multiple domains.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations. at https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us