Principal Product Manager, Technical
- Palo Alto, CA
Amazon's Marketplace services over 2 million Sellers, disrupting traditional notions of retail marketplace and connecting millions of businesses, big and small, to millions of Amazon Customers. The Marketplace business exceeds 40% of the total Amazon.com sales and each year, tens of thousands of businesses join the marketplace adding millions of new products. Principal Product Managers at Amazon have the opportunity to define new business opportunities and product strategies for the key business problems faced in retail, operations and logistics.
As the Principal Product Manager - Technical of Supplier Fulfillment Services, you will work in a dynamic and fast paced environment, lead high caliber product development, and operations teams. You will be responsible for driving strategy, product vision, roadmap planning, implementation (with technology teams), and operations. Your success will be measured by the impact of your products on selection, seller enablement, end to end delivery experience and customer convenience. You will be responsible for solving difficult problems across complex topics such as transportation and fulfillment solutions and delivery performance management to build long-term business opportunity. This role provides opportunities to develop original ideas, approaches, and solutions in an innovative and ever changing business climate.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically with the ability to build compelling and enduring products. To be successful in this role you will need to have effective analytical, communication, presentation and organizational skills.
• 10+ years of experience in product management that includes conceptualizing, launching and driving technology-based products.
• Bachelor of Science or Engineering degree required.
• Experience in Sales, planning and executing go to market strategies, and driving product adoption.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
• Proven track record driving innovation on behalf of both enterprises and consumers.
• Ability to estimate, schedule and track projects
• Proven experience delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment with a demonstrated ability to translate customer needs into business and product requirements.
• Able to work in a diverse team
• Masters in Engineering or Business Administration
• Track record of high-scale technology launches - e.g., millions of customers/ Sellers.
• Experience effectively managing cross functional teams and resources
• Experience working on an e-commerce team at an online retail or media company.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top