Principal Product Manager - Technical
- Sunnyvale, CA
Principal Product Manager Technical Alexa AI Sunnyvale, California.
Alexa AI is looking for a product leader to set the strategic direction and shape the roadmap for conversational experiences. We build the foundational Artificial Intelligence technology that powers Alexa's ability to understand and act on human language and we partner with multiple Amazon business units across the company to enable AI and computer vision driven customer experiences.
As a Principal Product Manager-Technical, you will own defining the strategy and core value proposition, and delivering a product roadmap for conversational AI experiences using our new technology to deliver maximum impact for customers. This role is inherently cross-functional you will lead software and hardware engineering, science, modeling, operations, finance and executive teams to set strategy, launch products, drive adoption and find business opportunities for Amazon. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment and not be hindered by ambiguity. You will seamlessly transition from being the visionary leader securing organizational alignment on strategic initiatives to rolling up your sleeves and getting the job done.
• Innovate on behalf of our customers
• Identify market opportunities and drive product strategy, roadmap, and features
• Manage the product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical execution
• Lead the functional design and product experience
• Prioritize engineering work and balance the requirements of customers and stakeholders
• Define and execute the go-to-market plan, working to insure that marketing and sales have what they need to be successful
• Evangelize the product both internally and externally
• Interact with customers to identify needs, opportunities, and gaps, and solve problems
• Work with key stakeholders in the company to support sales, account management, operations, and customer support
• 8+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Masters of Business Administration
• An understanding of core techniques in spoken language understanding
• Experience managing people
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proven track record driving innovation on behalf of both enterprises and consumers
• Exceptional customer focus
• Experience delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment with a demonstrated ability to translate customer needs into business and product requirements
• Broad range of skills from high level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution
• Demonstrated ability to work independently to drive projects to completion
• Comfortable with ambiguity and be motivated by a fast-paced, highly collaborative and entrepreneurial environment.
• History of teamwork, strong bias for action, and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Back to top