Principal Product Manager Technical
Amazon Business (AB) is growing at a tremendous rate, providing value to business customers worldwide through business-centric selection, pricing, delivery, and procurement services. In AB Customer Acquisition Management (CAM) we are building new ways to introduce and expand AB offerings to our customers. This is a terrific opportunity for someone who wants to impact – on a large scale – the way businesses exchange goods and services globally.
Amazon Business is seeking an experienced, results-oriented, and inventive Principal Product Manager Technical to drive the development of technical solutions and support AB Sales & Marketing strategies in accelerating business customer acquisition and growth. This role is inherently cross-functional—you will work closely with engineering, design, operations, finance and executive teams to bring products to market and develop and grow business opportunities for Amazon Business. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that business customers love.
As Principal Product Manager Technical, you will assume product ownership over the Customer Acquisition portfolio which includes prospect management, partnerships, modal overlays, and membership propensity model. You will leverage customer intelligence and machine learning to identify prospects and leads, as well as personalize customer communication channels to maximize conversions for Amazon Business. Customers will include all manner of business customers from sole proprietors up to enterprise procurement departments, and C-level executives from the world's best companies. To succeed the Principal Product Manager Technical needs superior judgement, strong analytic and data-driven approaches to product design, ability to influence people, high technical and business acumen, experience in B2B, and a passion for Customers and technology.
- 8+ years of experience in end-to-end development of technical products for e-commerce
- Master's Degree (MBA preferred) in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline required, or work equivalent of successfully managing and shipping highly technical products.
- Proven track record of working with multiple stakeholders cross-functionally to design and build a portfolio of large scalable technical solutions.
- Experience in managing multi-year product strategy, roadmaps, and prioritizations between Product and Technical teams. Adept at stakeholder management and communications with senior or strategic partners up to SVP level.
- Exceptional and effective verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional attention to detail and data-driven analytical approach. Exception judgement and instincts.
- Experience in B2B e-commerce, working with Sales & Marketing and related systems (CRM, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to be highly innovative in a related area: online shopping, product classification or search, etc.
- A solid grasp of the business side of technology with an understanding and zeal for metrics and analysis to deliver on business objectives.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top