Have you ever ordered a product on Amazon and when that box-with-the-smile arrives you wonder how it got to you so fast? Wondered where it came from and how much it cost Amazon? If so, Amazon's Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT) team is for you. We build systems to peer into the future and estimate the distribution of tens of millions of products every week to Amazon's warehouses in the most cost-effective way. This team is focused on saving hundreds of millions of dollars using cutting edge science, machine learning, and scalable distributed software on the Cloud that automates and optimizes inventory and shipments to customers under the uncertainty of demand, pricing and supply. Watch this short video for more on SCOT: http://bit.ly/amazon-scot
Within SCOT, Amazon's Order Assignment team is focused on ensuring the best possible experience for our customers, by offering fast delivery speeds and keeping our promises guaranteeing that orders arrive on time. We do this by leveraging cutting edge Machine Learning and Optimization models.
We're looking for a talented and motivated Principal Product Manager - Technical to innovate and enhance our outbound network optimization and management products. You will gather business requests from our worldwide customers and prioritize product roadmaps based on entitlement and automation benefits. You will be the single threaded product owner for a suite of products that save hundreds of millions annually. This role is high visibility with widespread cost impact. You will use data and critical thinking to drive alignment across senior leaders across organizations on your product vision.
This role might be for you if:
- You have experience in owning a suite of products and defining long-term product strategy and vision.
- You possess strong business acumen with strategic, analytical, and critical thinking.
- You understand technical software development life cycle and have knowledge on Machine Learning models to drive research teams towards business solutions.
- You excel in owning and driving the development of technical products.
- You drive strategic product communications across organizations providing clarity in decisions.
- Work with Senior Engineers and Research Scientists across multiple teams and business stakeholders to design and build highly available and scalable systems for developing and managing Amazon's transfer network.
- Use Lean Software Development processes such as Agile, Scrum, and Kanban.
- Drive strategic upward product communications (e.g., decision narratives, investment proposals) internally or externally in multiple organizations.
- Identify business opportunities to expand, automate, or optimize Amazon's Supply Chain.
- Drive alignment on product features, business metrics, and business strategies.
- Bachelor/Masters degree in Business Analytics, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or related fields.
- 10+ years of professional experience in engineering or product management.
- Demonstrated experience in influencing, negotiating, and collaborating across multiple Sr. Leadership teams in a large organization.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data, and industry trends.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex data and information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, including executives and technical/non-technical leaders.
- Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule and deploy new feature sets.
- Strong data analysis skills, with the ability to run and synthesize data in order to make on-point business decisions.
- Knowledge of best practices for the full software development life cycle.
- Working knowledge of data analytics and experience in SQL, , R, , or any other programming language.
- MBA or experience in Operations, Transportation, or Forecasting is preferred.
- Experience with Machine Learning and Mathematical Optimization.