Want to re-invent the way customers shop using Alexa? Come join our team!
Our mission is to build a product that millions of customers love to use every day across all Alexa-enabled devices. Alexa saves time for busy customers and their families by making it easy to capture their in-the-moment shopping needs at home, on-the-go and at work, and organizing them so they can complete their shopping more quickly wherever they prefer: local retailers, Whole Foods stores, farmers' markets, or Amazon.
We are seeking an experienced Principal Product Manager to drive Alexa Shopping's Proactive Communications services. You will be responsible for leading the strategy and development for Alexa's shopping adaptive targeting and backoff system, which powers proactive experiences such as Proactive Ratings, Proactive Reorder, Proactive Deals across all communication channels across Alexa endpoints and Amazon app/desktop.
You'll need to operate with a high level of autonomy, collaborating closely with Alexa Shopping and Alexa core teams. You'll be both analytical, working backwards from data and customer insights to build the right technology platforms, and resourceful in finding innovative solutions to unsolved problems. As a product leader you will have a proven track record of creating a strong vision and roadmap and successfully delivering results.
As a product leader in the Alexa Shopping team, you will:
• Own the vision and strategy for building Alexa's shopping capability
• Write documents that work backwards from customer and partner needs
• Dive deep into customer and system data to perform analysis
• Partner effectively with other leaders in product, design, engineering, science and business intelligence to influence priorities and drive alignment
• Plan and deliver on a roadmap, defining new features to meet emerging customers' needs
• Exhibit excellent judgment on how to prioritize between focusing features, architectural improvements and operational excellence
• Lead the development of reporting, insights and operational metrics that measure customer experience quality, and turn this data into insightful recommendations for the business
• Monitor project execution and ensuring that the project delivery is to the appropriate levels of quality and in line with target dates
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we'd love to talk to you!
• 8+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• • Dual education background - business and tech • A history of translating customer insight into recommendations that customers love to act on • Demonstrated ability to decompose significantly complex technical propositions into straightforward solutions, and understand core technologies utilized in your product • Entrepreneurial instincts with a clear bias for informed action and a track record of leading new initiatives with limited resources and support • Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data (including SQL) and metrics to back up assumptions evaluate outcomes and challenge conventional wisdom • Success when working across a range of teams, including Engineering, Research, UX, Legal, Finance, and Marketing • Knowledgeable in technology development best practices (such as Agile), and product management methodology • Excellent written and verbal communications to technical and non-technical stakeholders and experience presenting to very senior executives • Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality; demonstrated ability to have fun and inspire team members to enjoy work, be action-oriented and stretch their imagination
• Experience shipping ML, natural language or voice-based products (not mandatory)
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation Keywords: Amazon Alexa, Alexa, Alexa Shopping, Amazon Echo, Echo, product manager, MBA, machine learning, ML, Seattle, Amazon Product Manager Technical, PM-T, Product Manager, Product Manager Technical, Amazon Seattle Product Manager, product, pmt, senior pmt, senior product manager, senior product manager technical