Principal, Product Manager - Technical
- Seattle, WA
About the Team
The Alexa Connect Kit (ACK) organization is a part of Alexa Smart Home. Our core product is Alexa Connect Kit, a set of managed services (fully managed cloud and module) that enable device makers (e.g. makers of fans, light bulbs, coffee makers, air purifiers) to build smart products by abstracting the complicated infrastructure work on both cloud and device, so that device makers can focus on the things they are best at. We sell to enterprise customers including systems integrators, original design manufacturers, and brands. The first ACK-based consumer device shipped in 2019, and the business is now transitioning from the launch to scaling phase.
In short, we've gone from zero to one, and are now hiring a rock-star team of product managers to help us grow from one to one hundred.
About the Role
As a Principal PMT, you'll have the opportunity to tackle several strategic and technical questions for ACK. You'll work with engineering, business development, finance, and marketing to grow the ACK business, ideate and ship new products, and deliver developer-facing improvements. This role requires a high degree of ownership and customer obsession, the ability to interface with and manage a variety of stakeholders, and technical leadership.
The target opportunity is massive, but also ambiguous and unconventional, and this exceptional role requires an individual with a track record of shipping products, experience working with ODMs and engineering teams, experience working with multiple partner teams across geographies, and stellar leadership skills to create a vision and rally teams around a common goal. The successful candidate will have a passion for innovating, have deep technical expertise, be comfortable with ambiguity, and be motivated by a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
• 8+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• MBA or Masters degree in an Engineering-related field
• Past experience in a high performance start-up or incubation effort within a larger company
• Demonstrated experience in cloud or embedded device technologies
• Self-starter/start-up mentality
Back to top