Principal Product Manager, Tech - Prime Video
- Seattle, WA
Want to change the way people watch TV? We are seeking an experienced product manager in Seattle to develop innovative digital video business opportunities for customers.
Prime Video is changing the way people watch movies and TV shows, with over 170,000 titles available on-demand to Kindle Fire, mobile devices, game consoles, Internet-connected PCs, Macs, TVs, Blu-ray players and set-top-boxes.
As a Principal Product Manager for the Video Playback team, you will help define and build the video playback roadmap and customer experience for video across all platforms and geographies. You will participate in developing the video strategy and vision, and develop product roadmaps to execute on that vision. This role is inherently cross-functional; you will work closely with engineering, project management, design, operations, finance, legal, business development, customer service, content acquisition, and executive teams to bring products to market, develop and grow business opportunities, and enhance our customer experience.
We are looking for someone with experience in one or more areas of core video playback (encoding, delivery, live broadcast, ads insertion, client playback), who is highly analytical, resourceful, customer focused, team oriented, and has the ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. You will also have a consistent track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
In this role you will:
• Develop a deep understanding of the Prime Video customer, both existing and potential.
• Develop a thorough understanding of the digital video market segments, and continually assess the competitive landscape and emerging industry trends.
• Partner with key stakeholders to define the product vision, strategy, roadmap and supporting metrics required to deliver and enhance a best in class digital video customer experience.
• Own the development of detailed product requirements documents.
• Work cross-functionally with engineering, design, and project management teams to deliver on the product roadmap.
• Drive projects, products, and feature launches with other teams both inside and outside of the Prime Video team including: business development, content acquisition, legal, marketing, finance, customer service, and operations.
• 8+ years of technical product management, program management or engineering experience
• 2+ years of experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience leading engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Bachelor's Degree
• BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
• 8+ years' experience operating and delivering results in a consumer facing mobile app/services product management role.
• Experience in one or more areas of core video (encoding, delivery, client playback, ads insertion).
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition, feature delivery and trade offs of a product, end to end product delivery.
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product.
• MBA Preferred
• Experience in delivering mobile products and services in a high growth environment.
• Experience owning UX heavy customer facing products
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
• Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives.
• Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with engineering, design, and project management counterparts to deliver online products/services.
• A passion for digital video and/or media.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top