Open to hiring candidates virtually in the US or living within 50 miles of; Seattle- WA, San Francisco-CA, Culver City -CA, Atlanta-GA, NYC - NY.
As Amazon Music's Principal Product Manager for Personalization, you will help our team build and execute a strategy for becoming the world's most personalized music service. Using data and customer insights, you will envision and build delightful and revolutionary music discovery experiences.
About Amazon Music
Amazon Music reimagines music listening by enabling customers to unlock millions of songs, podcast episodes, and thousands of curated playlists and stations with their voice. Amazon Music provides unlimited access to new releases and classic hits across iOS and Android mobile devices, PC, Mac, Echo, and Alexa-enabled devices including Fire TV and more. With Amazon Music, Prime members have access to ad-free listening of 2 million songs at no additional cost to their membership. Listeners can also enjoy the premium subscription service, Amazon Music Unlimited, which provides access to more than 75 million songs and the latest new releases. Amazon Music Unlimited customers also now have access to the highest-quality listening experience available, with more than 75 million songs available in High Definition (HD), more than 7 million songs in Ultra HD, and a growing catalog of spatial audio. Customers also have free access to an ad-supported selection of top playlists and stations on Amazon Music. All Amazon Music tiers now offer a wide selection of podcasts at no additional cost, and live streaming in partnership with Twitch. Engaging with music and culture has never been more natural, simple, and fun. For more information, visit amazonmusic.com or download the Amazon Music app.
- 8+ years of technical product management, program management or engineering experience
- 2+ years of experience with end to end product delivery
- Experience leading engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of product management experience in a technological industry
- Experience working on agile enabled teams
- Experience launching consumer-facing online/mobile products/service from start to finish
- Experience building products with Machine Learning
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- Bachelor's degree required (MBA or master's degree in a quantitative field Preferred)
- Experience working with products rooted in personalization, search or machine learning based systems
- Proven ability to understand complex business problems, apply strong analytical skill and create an effective strategy
- Technical fluency; ability to understand and discuss architectural concepts, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with a proven ability to work across functions and influence senior leaders
- Demonstrated success building buy-in for an innovative and bold vision
- Excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly software applications and customer-facing features
- Nimbleness and comfort with ambiguity; ability to respond rapidly to evolving threats and opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to translate strategic differentiators into innovative and detailed product requirements
- Proven ability to make smart features (customer experience) versus time-to-market trade-offs; experience using data and metrics to back up assumptions and assertions of business value
San Francisco, California Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Los Angeles, California Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $179,900-$243,400/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
The pay range for this position in New York City is $197,900-$267,800 (yr); however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the New York City Human Rights Law. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.