As Amazon Music's Principal Product Manager for Personalization, you will help our team build and execute a strategy for becoming the world's most personalized music service. Using data and customer insights, you will envision and build delightful and revolutionary music discovery experiences.
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Amazon Music HD, Amazon Music Free, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, , ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
• 8+ years of technical product management, program management or engineering experience
• 2+ years of experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience leading engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years of product management experience in a technological industry
• Experience working on agile enabled teams
• Experience launching consumer-facing online/mobile products/service from start to finish
• Experience building products with Machine Learning is a requirement
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
• Bachelor's degree required (MBA or master's degree in a quantitative field Preferred)
• Experience working with products rooted in machine learning
• Proven ability to understand complex business problems, apply strong analytical skill and create an effective strategy
• Technical fluency; ability to understand and discuss architectural concepts, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members
• Strong communication and collaboration skills, with a proven ability to work across functions and influence senior leaders
• Demonstrated success building buy-in for an innovative and bold vision
• Excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly software applications and customer-facing features
• Nimbleness and comfort with ambiguity; ability to respond rapidly to evolving threats and opportunities
• Demonstrated ability to translate strategic differentiators into innovative and detailed product requirements
• Proven ability to make smart features (customer experience) versus time-to-market trade-offs; experience using data and metrics to back up assumptions and assertions of business value
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. #musicjobs