Principal, Product Manager, Tech, External Security Services
- Seattle, WA
AWS External Security Services (ESS) is redefining how enterprises are protecting their cloud-based applications and services. We are innovating in cloud security with services like Amazon GuardDuty, Amazon Macie, Amazon Detective, and AWS Security Hub. Our team is growing and we need an experienced principal product manager to lead a new innovative security service to help customers protect workloads and services on AWS.
As the Principal Product Manager, you will be the sole product management owner defining strategy/product vision through feature definition, prioritization, positioning, naming, GTM/adoption, and P&L. We are looking for an experienced product leader who is passionate about solving customer problems, and who has demonstrated success working backwards from ambiguous customer needs, translating them into disruptive, successful products that delight customers.
You will be working closely with teams across AWS, you'll see and feel the impact of your work on our customers. This is a high visibility and high impact role that will interact with all levels of AWS leadership. Our ideal candidate is excited about the incredible opportunity cloud computing represents and is deeply passionate about delivering the highest quality services. You're naturally customer centric and thrive in a fast-paced environment that requires strong technical and business judgment and solid communication skills.
In this position, you will play a pivotal role defining the product requirements and go-to-market strategy for AWS External Security Services, tirelessly dedicated to the needs of our customers. This role will require coordination across many internal and external teams and will be visible at the highest levels of the company. You'll work with our customers, partners, software vendors, and operational stakeholders to prioritize roadmap features, and spearhead the definition of new capabilities through expertly crafted business requirements documents.
The successful candidate must have exceptional problem-solving skills, strong business judgment, and demonstrated experience influencing both internally and externally. We are looking for a proven ability to execute both strategically and tactically, and someone who is excited to take on new, ambiguous projects that will be industry defining. This position requires a solid technical background, and the candidate should be customer-focused with a passion for security and cloud technology.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
• 10+ years of product management experience with completion of full product life cycle (from concept through GTM)
• BS or BA in computer science, engineering, math, finance, or economics
• 7+ years of working experience with P&L management and pricing
• 7+ years of experience creating written documents for new product development
• 7+ years of enterprise security product experience
• 7+ years of product management experience in the cloud computing technology space
• MBA or equivalent master's degree from a top MBA program
• Experience working with partners on product integrations, messaging, and joint go-to-market
• Experience deploying AWS services
• Understanding of the enterprise IT buying process
• Demonstrated success translating complex qualitative and quantitative customer feedback into successful products/features/solutions
• Experience driving pricing strategies, preferably across a portfolio or platform of products or services
• Both technically deep and business savvy to interface with all levels and disciplines within an organization, from engineers to senior leadership
• Able to be strategic, but also drive tactics and execution; willing to roll up sleeves and get the job done.
• Experience collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data from disparate sources in order to drive conclusions and recommendations
• Must be comfortable managing and putting structure around ambiguous problems
• Have relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
• Be able to dive deep and never be out of touch with the details of the business
• Have an entrepreneurial spirit and be able to work independently and effectively in a results-oriented, efficient environment.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Able to work in a diverse team
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top