Principal Product Manager Tech - Events Tech
- Seattle, WA
Amazon is looking for a unique leader to raise the bar for our customer experience in cross-site retail shopping events. We need an individual with the creative vision, customer obsession, technical acumen, and operational understanding to deliver large-scale, customer-facing features that measurably improve the event shopping experience. It is an opportunity to lead efforts across Amazon to define short and long-term visions for features and functionality that attract and delight customers as they shop on events like Prime Day, Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Back to School. You will work backwards from the customer to identify and prioritize site-wide capabilities and deliver some products firsthand and rally necessary parts of the company to deliver contribute to the overall success of these events. In the end, you will lead the charge to improve the Amazon shopping experience on the busiest days of the year and continue to set records in the number of customers we delight with these events.
This is a global, individual contributor role that is inherently high-visibility and cross-functional, requiring influence with many retail, program, and technical teams across Amazon. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, excel at managing and influencing broad stakeholder groups, be able to deliver results across interdependent teams, and be adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into innovative customer experiences. This will require excellent written and oral communication skills, data-driven analyses and insights, technical deep-dives, strong business judgment, deep curiosity about how things work, and a passion for customers. S/he must enjoy context-switching and operating at all levels of the organization to both influence and ultimately deliver results needed to be successful. This role will lead the roadmap for dedicated events technical teams and partner with event specific product and marketing managers to identify opportunities and deliver solutions.
• Bachelor Degree
• 8+ years of technical product management or related roles, demonstrating an increasing scope of organizational and business impact.
• Proven communication and collaboration skills that enable you to earn trust at all levels of a large organization.
• Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical field
• Track record of delivering large-scale, consumer-facing products and experiences.
• Demonstrated ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a high-energy, fast-paced global environment.
• High degree of organization and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Retail, technology and/or mobile experience
• Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
Back to top