Principal Product Manager Tech ES - Amazon DocumentDB
- Seattle, WA
Amazon DocumentDB is a fully-managed, MongoDB-compatible document database service that is built for critical applications requiring high durability, security, availability, and scalability. We are growing the team and are looking for a principal product manager who thinks big, is customer obsessed, and is skilled at driving strategy and execution across teams.
As a principal product manager, you will lead Amazon DocumentDB's product strategy and influence our go-to-market strategy. You will engage with customers from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies, helping them succeed with the product and learning from their feedback. You will engage, influence, and align peers and senior leaders on product vision, product roadmap, and go-to-market activities. You will work with colleagues across product management, software engineering, UX design, technical writing, solutions architecture, sales, marketing, and support to execute on product development and go-to-market initiatives. You will mentor and grow more junior staff.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• BS in Computer Science or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• At least ten years of work experience, including roles as a product manager and as a software or database engineer
• Experience leading at least two products or major features through conception, specification, positioning, pricing, launch, and subsequent improvement, where scope involved working with multiple engineering teams and partner teams
• Experience managing a portfolio of concurrent projects and programs
• Experience influencing executive leadership through verbal and written communication
• Experience negotiating, influencing, planning, and executing across teams
• Technical depth in databases, storage, file systems, operating systems, or distributed systems, including architectural and operational aspects
The ideal candidate will additionally demonstrate the following:
• Experience making product decisions using judgment and data, including collaborating with customers and internal partners to solicit diverse perspectives
• Experience successfully improving processes for product management and for collaboration with partner teams
• Experience defining and executing a go-to-market strategy
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top