Principal Product Manager (Tech) - Alexa - Product Knowledge
- Seattle, WA
We are seeking a Principal Product Manager Tech to own all natural language services for Alexa product Q&A. You will own the services that interpret everything customers ask Alexa, to identify and understand every question that is a request for information about a physical product, and route it to the best sources for answers. Your services will deploy a series of natural language techniques, from the simplest to the state-of-the-art, at the scale of all Alexa users worldwide. The platform you build will get better every sprint, learning from new data, user behavior, and better models to improve how well Alexa understands every user.
Our vision is that Alexa will be the world's most knowledgeable product expert, providing customers with helpful information and product advice - from inspiration, to shopping, installation, and how-to. All those moments when we need or want to know more about the products we use every day, will have instant satisfaction of an answer: just ask Alexa. We are building a digital product expert that is always available, with super-human knowledge of every product ever made.
In this role, you will envision, build, launch, and continuously improve Alexa's language understanding capabilities for product knowledge. You will balance creative vision with technical feasibility, pushing the service to the edge of what's possible - then doing it again in the next sprint. You will make difficult product decisions with deep knowledge of the data, an understanding of the applied science, an appreciation for the engineering impact, and exemplary empathy for the customer's experience. You will build the world's most knowledgeable product expert, and have fun doing it.
• 8+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• A Master's Degree in Business or Engineering
• Experience with natural language processing and understanding (such as NLP, NLU, NER, ER) or equivalent experience with relevant Machine Learning techniques
• Strong quantitative analysis and critical thinking skills
• The ability to communicate, persuade and influence, both verbally and in writing
• Experience launching consumer-facing products and services in high growth environment
• Agile product development experience and skill
• A deep empathy for the customer's experience, and the ability to translate it into new features, products, and businesses
Back to top