Principal Product Manager - Tech, Alexa Mobile
- Madrid, Spain
Join the team building the mobile experience for Alexa and help us create a world where Alexa is always there to help you on-the-go. The Alexa Mobile Team is looking for a Principal Product Manager, Technical who will help us bring that vision to life by building amazing customer experiences in the Alexa Mobile App.
As a Principal Product Manager (Tech), you will be responsible for a wide range of mobile capabilities including but not limited to Location Services, sensors, connectivity components (Wi-Fi, BT, etc) and OS specific functions. You will be responsible for the strategy and vision for how these capabilities will be used in the Alexa Mobile app to deliver delightful experiences for our customers. In this role, you will work closely with UX and Engineering teams as well as partner with adjacent teams to deliver experiences.
This role requires the ability to think big, dive deep with technical teams, and work across partners throughout the larger Alexa ecosystem to deliver important features for Alexa. You must have a passion for understanding mobile OS capabilities and how they can be leveraged for Alexa. You must be knowledgeable about iOS and Android capabilities and understand how Alexa Mobile can leverage OS specific features. It is critical that you can work backwards from the customer and think through the translation of customer needs to technical solutions with the help of your engineering partners. Customers love what Alexa can already do. They are even more excited about her future potential.
A successful candidate will be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, have experience working with geographically dispersed teams and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that customers love.
- Set the vision and strategy for mobile sensor capabilities. Define, build, and launch mobile features leveraging the unique capabilities of iOS and Android
- Define use cases and requirements for mobile location capabilities. Work with partner teams to deliver new, creative Alexa features related to location
- Learn and be curious about iOS and Android capabilities that can be leveraged for the Alexa Mobile experience. Stay informed on OS releases and be the team expert
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Work closely with engineering teams and program management to deliver products to market
- Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
• 8+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience delivering solutions enabling customers to discover, install, and manage mobile apps and/or services.
- Technical understanding and experience with GPS, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth
- Excitement for diving deep into iOS and Android capabilities
- Experience delivering consumer software products and services in a high growth environment.
- Experience working with data science teams and using data to drive insights
- 5+ years of consumer facing software product management experience with mobile products.
- Ability to work backwards from the customer experience all the way to the technical capability.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
-Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment where continuous innovation is desired.
-Analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases. Ability to clearly communicate these data insights to others.
-General manager / owner mentality, willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary.
-Ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape.
-Real passion for mobile apps and customer experiences.
-Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top