Principal Product Manager - Tech Alexa Artificial Intelligence
- Seattle, WA
Alexa AI organization's mission is to "Invent AI capabilities to complete customer interactions naturally and without any friction, anytime and anywhere". Our Intelligent Decisions Platform team builds the foundational Artificial Intelligence technology that is responsible for determining the best action to fulfill customer requests once we understand what they said and what they meant based on the context.
Alexa is at the forefront of customer and scientific innovation in the area of machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI). Our AI is customer-centric, leveraging the latest scientific methods to create productive, natural interactions for our customers as they go about their daily lives. As Principal Product Manager for Intelligent Decisions Platform, you will have ownership for one of our strategic initiatives and be responsible for directing and prioritizing our activities towards that initiative's successful criteria. Your customers and stakeholders will be diverse and span across end customers, internal developers, external developers, marketing teams, and other internal product teams. You will work with your customers to understand and prioritize requirements, define and articulate the problem statement, lay the framework for iteratively solving for it, propose and prioritize a functional roadmap in alignment with your Science and Engineering colleagues, You will create the functional specifications for the capabilities that implement the new technology, or leverage existing capabilities to solve the new problem. You will determine the program success criteria and metrics. You will report the program updates and goals to leadership.
You should be a problem solver who is excited by hard never-been-solved before challenges, and enjoys working with Science and tech teams collaboratively. You should be somebody who is passionate about customers and about leading programs that have both broad influence and unique science and technical challenges to solve. You must enjoy a close-knit team environment of shared responsibility. This role requires great technical expertise, and ability to dive deep into the science based challenges and solutions we solve on a daily basis. The ideal candidate will have experience leading delivery across science and engineering disciplines and an established track record of delivering large complex programs.
• Define creative, high quality, and clear product roadmaps based on customer and stakeholder needs, team strategy, and vision
• Develop detailed, crisp business requirements, and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for the capabilities offered
• Manage prioritization and trade-offs among needs of various customer and stakeholder groups, as well as, system performance and scalability.
• Create buy-in for product vision and roadmap both internally and across key partners
• Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic or technical goals.
• 8+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• 8+ years of product management experience
• 5+ years of defining, building and managing platforms
• Experience with Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence systems
• Bachelor of Science degree
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proven track record driving innovation on behalf of internal and external consumers
• Experience delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment with a demonstrated ability to translate customer needs into business and product requirements
• Broad range of skills from high level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution
• Demonstrated ability to work independently to drive projects to completion
• Masters of Business Administration
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age. Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top