Principal Product Manager - Tech
Looking for a career at a company that seeks to be Earth's most customer-centric company? Interested in leveraging technology to disrupt the B2B landscape? Eager to take on the challenge to grow and scale a billion dollar business at a fast pace? If so, this is the right role for you. We at Amazon Business are applying the same entrepreneurial and innovative approach that has made Amazon the undisputed leader in the ecommerce and software services industry to create an unparalleled B2B procurement marketplace in the world. Our customers include individual professionals, small businesses to large institutions, and everything in between. We believe that we are in a unique position to leverage Amazon's strengths in wide selection, low prices and world-class convenience to provide exceptional value and differentiation in the B2B world. Our culture of working backwards from our customers and making data driven decisions sets us apart from others in the industry.
We are looking for a seasoned product leader to join our team in Austin and lead the core Business Accounts Platform. As the product lead for this area, you will be responsible for developing the long term strategy for the accounts platform which powers the entire procurement management experience for business customers. This area is at the forefront of the technology that we're building in Amazon Business and provides core capabilities for business account management to our end customers as well as clients within Amazon. In this role, you will get the opportunity to work directly with both internal and external customers to shape the future of the platform. You will be the thought leader in the area of developing scalable and high performing APIs that allow business customers to onboard to Amazon procurement platform and set up user groups, departments, roles and responsibilities to manage procurement – all with minimal integration effort. Your work will have a direct impact on the top line of the Amazon Business organization.
Specific responsibilities in this role will include:
Engaging with Customers, Sales, Marketing, and User Research to conduct in-depth research to understand the strategic procurement needs of our business customers.
Leveraging Amazon's know-how and industry trends to identify the right strategy and solutions that will make the business onboarding and procurement management experience delightful for our customers.
Building and driving a multi-year vision and roadmap for the Amazon Business Accounts platform working with external customers and several internal groups within Amazon.
Directing, creating, and executing product plans to deliver new features, adoption programs, customer surveys, "how to" guides, and technical documentation.
Defining the business requirements, customer experience priorities and working closely with engineering to develop the right solutions.
Collaborating with partner teams and technical managers to move from vision to delivery, by launching a steady stream of feature improvements and new products.
Engaging with our global teams to enable the launch of new regions and marketplaces.
- Engaging with our risk management organization and enabling them to identify strategic risk management investments.
The right product owner will be a proven leader and builder with energy and competencies to envision the right experience for customers, drive execution, and scale the product to match the business opportunity and fast growth. You will lead by example, being just as passionate about operational performance, security, and predictability as you are about innovation and delightful customer experience. You will not have the luxury of having tunnel-vision for any one area; rather, you will need to exhibit excellent judgment on how to prioritize and strike the right balance for driving adoption among existing customers and acquiring new customers fast.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
- 7+ years of overall product and management experience with demonstrated success in shipping highly successful and scalable software products and services
- Bachelor's degree computer science, math, engineering, operations research, statistics, or related discipline
- Demonstrated history of strong customer focus
- Strong problem solving, highly analytical, attention to detail with solid organizational skills
- Ability to influence and work with key internal partners to get things done
- A solid grasp of the business side of technology with an understanding and zeal for metrics/analysis to deliver on business objective
- MBA or Masters from a good university
- At least 5 years of managing a large software product line that generated multi-million dollar revenues and profits and scaled well for a fast growing business
- Knowledge and experience in B2B industry such as strategic procurement practices and processes, B2B e-commerce, B2B channels, familiarity with B2B systems (i.e., Ariba, etc.), understanding dynamics between manufacturer/supplier, distributor and customers, etc.
- Demonstrated history in creative/big thinking that resulted in revenue and exceptional customer experience
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top