Principal Product Manager - Tech
- Seattle, WA
We are seeking an experienced, entrepreneurial, big thinker for a confidential new initiative within Alexa.
Amazon's Alexa cloud service and Echo devices are used every day, by people you know, in and about their homes. This customer-facing program will help them get the most from their Alexa enabled devices.
As a Principal Product Manager for Alexa Experiences, you will have an enormous opportunity to impact the product definition, design, and go-to-market for mission critical initiatives within the Alexa team. You will drive product strategy and definition, collaborate with business development, marketing, PR, finance and engineering to develop and launch new programs, and maintain ownership over the course of a product life-cycle. This high visibility role will change how we engage with and market products from our third party partners, and how our customers experience these products. This role is a great fit for someone who thrives in a dynamic environment, and who is sensitive to the diverse perspectives of stakeholders and works with them to resolve differences.
• Lead the development of a program strategy and vision
• Create buy-in for the vision across the Alexa organization and external parties.
• Establish metrics and key performance indicators for success
• Develop detailed business requirements, user stories, and product specifications
• Create roadmaps that span multiple teams across a large organization
• Work closely with business development, marketing, PR, and finance to propose, develop, and implement new programs for third party partners.
• Bachelor's degree or higher with a technical discipline
• 10+ years of professional experience
• 5+ years of consumer facing software product management experience
• Experience defining strategic vision for technical products
• Experience launching APIs for third party developer customers
• Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience
• Experience working with stakeholders across both technical and business functions
• Experience driving a product's go-to-market activities
• MBA or Master's degree
• Proven track record taking ownership and working in cross-functional teams to successfully deliver results
• Broad technical breadth and depth including familiarity with consumer technology, web services and back-end application infrastructure
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives, and communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
• High attention to detail
• History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Back to top