Principal Product Manager -Tech
- Seattle, WA
Are you passionate about the customer experience? Innovating on behalf of established and emerging Amazon businesses? The team's vision is to enable customers to easily discover, purchase and engage with the most relevant digital products and deals, anywhere and anytime. We power businesses like Kindle, Prime Video, Amazon Music, Alexa to engage and acquire customers.
As Principal Product Manager-Tech, you will be responsible for the definition and development of the product roadmap driving higher product discovery and engagement for digital customers. You will help shape product strategy, while working with engineering and a broad span of stakeholders, to deliver features based on this vision. We are looking for someone who is customer focused, relishes ambiguity and has a passion for innovating to create a first-class customer experience.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Work closely with leadership and cross-functional teams to develop and deliver innovative software and services that enable purchase and management of bundles.
• Discover, evaluate, and track global industry trends.
• Partner with Software Engineering, Content, Merchandising, and Business Intelligence teams to create best-in-class solutions for customers.
• Contribute to a team culture of experimentation and innovation
• Work with technical and non-technical stakeholders to understand and improve product capabilities.
• Analyze customer feedback and usage metrics to identify key pain points.
• Manage bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints, and maximize business benefit while building great customer experiences.
• Present confidently to senior management, external clients, and other large audiences.
• Roll up sleeves as necessary to ensure projects stay on schedule and meet our high standards of quality.
• 8+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Excellent written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
• Experience with machine learning technologies and statistics
• A proven track record of building new, innovative, and engaging customer experiences informed by customer data from various sources (market research, internal data bases, A/B testing, user research)
• Strong analytic and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions (SQL strongly preferred)
• Experience working globally, for a global customer base
• MBA or advanced degree in a related field
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities and excel in a lean work environment.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Back to top