Amazon Appstore team is responsible for enabling and powering the customer and developer flywheel on Amazon devices. With multiple Amazon devices launching each year, we play an integral part of the device ecosystem to improve the customer and developer experience on Amazon.
We are looking for an energetic Principal Product Manager - Tech to lead the Appstore customer experience strategy for web view and middleware applications which is responsible for lighting up thousands of apps on Amazon devices and supporting the core Appstore functionalities like purchase, download, install etc. This is a strategic role to shape and deliver our product strategy for a brand new business opportunity which will impact and improve the experience for millions of customers.
In this journey, we will focus on building the right product experiences and technical solutions to have meaningful impact on our business by working closely with Engineering, OS, Data, Devices, and solution architect teams.
This will be highly satisfying role which will give you the opportunity to deliver best in class / first of its kind experience impacting millions of customers.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience leading the product vision, strategy, and roadmap of new or existing products, proven ability to develop strategic vision based on rigorous analytics, thrive in ambiguous situations, and excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to engage with senior leaders across multiple organizations. The candidate will be responsible for leading new product ideation and development that will have direct impact on millions of customers every day.
• Lead the definition, design and construction of a new large initiative implementation of which will span over multiple years across different device types
• Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
• Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load
• Work closely with engineering teams to deliver products to market
• Define the success metrics for features and track performance. Utilize metrics to deep-dive issues and uncover business-driving trends and patterns.
• Drive product launches including working with cross-functional teams and internal stakeholders
• Reporting on our progress in regular business reviews.
• 5+ years of experience in product management
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience with feature delivery and making product tradeoffs
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Analytical and able to create sound business arguments backed up by data.
• Ability to lead and influence across different organizations and align diverse teams to a common goal
• Handle multiple contending priorities in an energizing environment
• Strong verbal and written communication abilities: must effectively communicate with technical and non-technical people
• Demonstrated ability for being detail-oriented, self-motivated and driving follow-through
• Proven track-record of taking ownership and driving results
• Great communication skills and ability to work effectively on projects with developers and software dev managers
• Ability to work autonomously in a highly demanding and often ambiguous environment, with attention to detail and organizational skills
• Proficiency with data analysis
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.