Principal Product Manager - Tech
- San Francisco, CA
We are seeking a visionary Principal Product Manager-Technical to join our product team. The Amazon Music visual product team is responsible for the Amazon Music experience on iOS, Android, TV, Desktop and more. We collaborate closely with the entire Amazon Music organization to create experiences that bring customers closer to music, artists and music culture. This is an opportunity to define the future of streaming and build innovative experiences that are used by millions of people every day.
As a Principal Product Manager-Technical, you will help define and build new Amazon Music experiences that make it easier for customers to listen to music on any device, from smart TVs to new headphones and innovative smart speakers. At Amazon Music, product managers are the CEO of the features they build and closely collaborate with Engineering, Business Development, Design, and more, to set strategy for, define, design, and directly manage all aspects of the customer experience. A successful candidate will be customer obsessed, highly analytical, have experience working with 3rd party platforms to build high quality experiences, and be adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that customers love. The ideal candidate will be able to boil down a big vision for the future into a simple set of features we can launch iteratively and experimentally, know how to strategically manage partners towards that vision, and know how to build support for their vision while taking input from other creative contributors.
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
• 8+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products customers love
• Experience delivering products in a complex and face-paced environment using agile process and experimentation
• Track record of achievements. You've shipped cool stuff that has moved the needle on key business & customer metrics. You have a proven ability to make smart feature versus time-to-market trade-offs. You have demonstrated success building buy-in for an innovative and bold vision.
• Data-centric and analytical. You have experience using data and metrics to back up assumptions and assertions of business value. You also leverage your strong analytical skills and ability to dive deep to develop a nuanced understanding of your product and customers, and to create effective strategies. You also have a demonstrated ability to make high qualityhigh impact decisions in the absence of data and figure out how to gather data (through experiments, tests, etc) to support your decisions.
• Technical fluency. You have the ability to understand, discuss, and challenge architectural concepts, tradeoffs, and new opportunities with technical team members.
• Excellent communication skills. You are as comfortable speaking in front of the company at an all-hands meeting as you are writing a detailed six-page narrative on your products that you can defend with the highest levels of senior leadership.
• Strong collaboration skills. You have a proven ability to work across functions and across marketplaces to influence senior leaders. You quickly earn the trust of people you work with. People enjoy and have fun working with you.
• Excellent customer experience intuition. You obsess about customers and can translate customer needs into crisp, detailed product requirements. You are able to develop innovative product solutions that are grounded in a deep understanding of customer needs.
• Strong ownership and bias for action. One of your favorite things to do as a product manager is to launch, learn and iterate. You know what matters most to customers and can simplify product requirements to deliver benefits to customers quickly. You identify opportunities and step up in various areas to turn those opportunities into realities
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top