Principal Product Manager - Tech
Amazon is seeking a customer-centric, experienced Principal Product Manager to define and drive customer engagement for physical + digital product experiences on Amazon. As a Principal Product Manager you will have the opportunity to shape and impact the product strategy and roadmap, customer experience, branding and adoption of products across all digital businesses. You will have the unique opportunity of creating solutions that could be used by multiple Amazon businesses including 1st party devices such as Amazon Echo, FireTV, Kindle and digital businesses such as video, music and prime. This is a very visible role and you will have a direct and visible impact on the long-term success of the business. You will exercise significant influence over the engineering roadmap.
We are looking for a leader who has experience listening to customers, developing customer-facing experiences, collaborating with multiple businesses and country leaders to understand customer requirements unique to each country and working with technical teams to get things done in a fast paced environment.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Define and drive world-class customer experiences. Define vision for products that you own and gain buy-in from key stakeholders.
- Translate customer experiences into logically sequenced and optimized product roadmaps.
- Write complete and detail-oriented product requirements documents and ensuring clear communication of those requirements to the business, design, and usability and development teams.
- Maintain product and feature roadmaps and managing prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load.
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals.
- Lead cross-functionally to ensure we implement the business vision efficiently. Work cross-functionally with internal partners.
- Define measures of success and customer satisfaction, and define/manage key metrics and performance indicators that provide foundation for continuous improvement.
- Conduct business and financial analysis, including forecasting, monitoring, and reporting.
- Research and identify new opportunities for Amazon
- Own the entire lifecycle of products from requirements definition through integration, launch, and post launch analysis.
- 10+ years of experience operating, managing, and delivering results in a consumer facing product management role
- Demonstrated ability to build effective partnerships with product owners across business lines
- Experience with launching products and experiences across multiple countries
- Proven ability to successfully thrive in an ambiguous environment and changing market conditions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to influence senior executives
- MBA preferred
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
- Proven success in delivering products and services in a high growth environment.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with engineering, design, and project management counterparts to deliver products/services.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top