Principal Product Manager, Product and Analytics
- Seattle, WA
Amazon's Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT) Forecasting team is looking for a passionate, results-oriented, and inventive leader to lead our product and analytics efforts toward building the next generation Transportation Topology Planning & Modeling. The team's charter is to develop transportation network topology plans as well as create the machine learning and software platforms that support these planning and forecasting models that are used by Amazon transportation network planners across the globe.
Within Amazon's Supply Chain Optimization Technology (SCOT) team, Transportation Topology Planning integrates with Transportation Execution, Sort Center and Amazon Last Mile Planning and Modeling & Optimization functions to develop the plans that drive Transportation network build plans and origin / destination connections.
The successful candidate is one who thrives in a fast-paced environment, is an exceptionally strong analytical thinker, can define a vision for products in early stages, and can earn trust from business stakeholders worldwide. This leader will manage a team of Product Managers, Software Developers, and Business Intelligence Engineers.
They will be responsible for driving business insight, team operations, metrics definition, as well as managing the scale of our products and support for those products globally for the consumer business. This person will have direct responsibility for product management, analytics and metrics tools, cross team communications, and mechanism improvement. This is a strategic, data-driven role that has the opportunity to influence the global expansion and scaling strategy of Amazon supply chain technology. This leader will also own new programs as needed by the business in order to improve processes, increase team productivity and drive toward execution excellence. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in an exciting and core area of Amazon's supply chain.
• Foster culture of continuous product and analytics improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
• Deliver vision for a suite of products
• Own and champion operational excellence through establishment of group-wide metrics for measurement with a consistent, regular process for assessment and improvement
• Interface with a diverse customer base to understand requirements, priorities, and processes
• Set clear, measurable quality goals for an organization in a data-driven way
• Have the obsession to drive a better customer experience through everything that we do here at Amazon
• Bring innovative ideas to the table every day, in order to find better ways of accomplishing our customer objectives
• Raise the bar on functionality, flow, consistency, usability, and simplicity continually; guard the world-class supply chain experience at Amazon
• Mentor and promote your team members
• Bachelor's degree in a field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or Business
• 10 years professional experience.
• Experience managing teams of 10 or more people
• Experience with transportation and supply chain planning.
• Experience with analytics and statistical modeling
• Experience working with scientists and engineers on machine learning (ML) or artificial intelligence (AI)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top