Principal Product Manager, Prime Video API, 100% Remote
- United States
The Prime Video API organization owns the edge APIs that power thousands of client devices (Fire TV, iOS, Android, Web, and Living Room). We are seeking a Principal Product Manager with the option of working 100% permanent remote. This role will define the next generation of APIs for Prime Video clients. You will have the freedom (and encouragement) to own your own vision of a critical piece of the Prime Video product.
Prime Video is changing the way millions of customers watch video. The Prime Video team delivers high-quality instant video to Amazon customers through subscriptions (Amazon Prime) as well as purchases and rentals. Amazon believes so deeply in the mission of Prime Video that we've launched our own studio to create original and exclusive content. Every day we face the challenges of a fast-paced market and expanding technology set. Amazon Prime Video delivers movies and TV shows instantly to PCs, portable devices, consoles, and TVs worldwide. This is a young and evolving business where creativity and drive can have a lasting impact on the way video is enjoyed worldwide.
• 8+ years of technical product management, program management or engineering experience
• 2+ years of experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience leading engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Bachelor's Degree
• Ability to conceptualize complex interrelated applications and system platforms, as well as the ability to effectively communicate those systems to non-technical team members and business partners
• Experience building new products from experiments
• Strong bias for action and a "get it done" attitude
• Able to work with remote teams
• Experience with product strategy for large, cross functional projects involving partner teams inside and outside your organization
• Experience developing products and technologies for internal technical stakeholders
• Customer relationship skills including the ability to discover and prioritize requirements, underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet bold timelines with optimal solutions
• A deep understanding of the SDLC and consistent record of achieving program objectives on schedule, on budget and meeting quality criteria
• Strong sense of ownership and accountability for program success.
• Built solutions that has proven to perform and scales over time
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top