Principal Product Manager, Prime Video API
- Seattle, WA
The Prime Video API organization owns the edge APIs that power thousands of client devices (Fire TV, iOS, Android, Web, and Living Room). Our platform powers 99% of Prime Video page and app views and over billions of transactions per year. We operate at the highest scale and lowest latency in the Prime Video experience. We aggregate and orchestrate data from dozens of teams, data sources, and services to build best-in-class video content experiences.
We are looking for a Principal Product Manager to define the next generation of APIs for Prime Video. This individual will work closely with Principal engineers and senior leaders across Prime Video to collect requirements and deliver a comprehensive product for our customers. You will have the freedom (and encouragement) to own your own vision of a critical piece of the Prime Video product.
We measure our success on reducing Time to Market (TTM) of new features, availability and latency, and in the number of integrations we support. This role will define, evangelize, and build common-use APIs as Prime Video grows our Originals, Studio, Live Events, and Linear content offerings.
Prime Video is changing the way millions of customers watch video. The Prime Video team delivers high-quality instant video to Amazon customers through subscriptions (Amazon Prime) as well as purchases and rentals. Amazon believes so deeply in the mission of Prime Video that we've launched our own studio to create original and exclusive content. Every day we face the challenges of a fast-paced market and expanding technology set. Amazon Prime Video delivers movies and TV shows instantly to PCs, portable devices, consoles, and TVs worldwide. This is a young and evolving business where creativity and drive can have a lasting impact on the way video is enjoyed worldwide.
• 8+ years of technical product management, program management or engineering experience
• 2+ years of experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience leading engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Bachelor's Degree
• Ability to conceptualize complex interrelated applications and system platforms, as well as the ability to effectively communicate those systems to non-technical team members and business partners
• Experience building new products from experiments
• Strong bias for action and a "get it done" attitude
• Able to work with remote teams
• Experience with product strategy for large, cross functional projects involving partner teams inside and outside your organization
• Experience developing products and technologies for internal technical stakeholders
• Customer relationship skills including the ability to discover and prioritize requirements, underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet bold timelines with optimal solutions
• A deep understanding of the SDLC and consistent record of achieving program objectives on schedule, on budget and meeting quality criteria
• Strong sense of ownership and accountability for program success.
• Built solutions that has proven to perform and scales over time
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top