The Devices Demand Planning and Forecasting team is looking for a seasoned product manager to lead the Prediction Services product for Amazon Devices (Echo, Fire TV, Fire Tablets, Kindle, Ring, etc.). As a Principal Product Manager you will own the product strategy and roadmap for all demand forecasts for Amazon Devices while leading teams across Sales & Marketing, Demand Planning, Finance, Data Science, and Engineering to develop a best-in-class product capable of supporting Amazon's growing portfolio of devices. This is a high-visibility role for a business-critical product that has a global user base and a major impact on Amazon's growth and bottom line.
Amazon's devices business is continuously increasing in complexity, from the original Kindle to the current portfolio of 50+ devices across 10+ countries. To effectively forecast customer demand and deliver insights to internal teams you will need to understand customer behavior, interdependencies with other systems, analytical tools, and goals of key stakeholders. You will lead the definition of the long-term strategic vision, creation and execution of the product roadmap, interaction with technical teams, testing with end users, and communication with senior leadership.
The ideal Principal Product Manager candidate will have demonstrated excellence in leading cross-functional teams to achieve a common goal, knowledge of analytical tools (including statistical models, machine learning algorithms, and big data solutions), experience working with technical teams (engineers and data scientists), surfacing insights into product-related opportunities and pain points, scaling processes and systems, and the ability to effective communicate the most relevant information to a variety of stakeholders.
• 8+ years of experience as a product manager leading technical and cross-functional teams
• Experience creating a strategic roadmap and driving execution through exceptional project prioritization, scoping, and workload management
• Demonstrated ability to identify problems and solutions through quantitative analysis, root cause detection, and collection of user feedback
• Demonstrated ability to successfully influence stakeholders without formal authority, leading cross functional teams across geographies and business units
• Superior written and spoken communication skills in order to gain buy-in on product vision and crisply communicate product updates
• Advanced degree in statistics, engineering, or similar technical field preferred
• 10+ years of product management experience preferred
• Experience working with demand forecasting
• Experience with technology organizations