Principal Product Manager, Physical Retail Strategy
- Chicago, IL
Do you like solving big strategic problems using cutting edge data, science and technology? Do you thrive on creating structure out of ambiguity in a high growth environment? Do you want to play a pivotal role in Amazon's physical store strategy? This Principal Strategy PM role may be for you!
This role will drive the roadmap of solutions to improve real estate decisions for our stores, as well as the long-term vision. Real estate decisions have a huge impact on the success of a store, and this Principal role will collaborate across functions including real estate managers, program/product managers, engineers and scientists to create cutting edge decision-making solutions. This high visibility role will own the mechanisms that drive better decisions with step-change improvements in velocity and efficiency. The candidate must be able to influence senior leaders through top- notch written and verbal communication skills and peerless business judgment. They will be able to flex both data-driven and judgment-driven decision making, weighing clearly the tradeoffs of what we simply don't know, and formulating strategies that are robust to a wide range of outcomes. This role will be required not only to set strategy, but also manage the cross-functional execution of key deliverables to improve our capabilities, and therefore the candidate must be able to break down big, complex deliverables into clear, manageable milestones, asking probing questions from stakeholders and peers to help get to the right solution quickly.
Key responsibilities for this role will own include:
• Creating and managing a roadmap of decision-making mechanisms aligned with partners from each format business
• Executing a portfolio of projects with cross-functional project teams
• Cross-format planning mechanisms across Amazon's store portfolio
• Consistent, high quality communication plan to maintain alignment with stakeholders
• Process and tool improvements to drive more efficient decisions
• Bachelor's degree
• 10+ years experience in program/product management, real estate, management consulting, or corporate strategy
• Demonstrated analytical skills to use data to make decisions
• Proven track record of delivering high-impact results in a fast-paced environment
• MBA or equivalent degree
• Experience in physical retail and/or real estate industries and related analytical tools
• Demonstrated ability to influence across functions and drive clear prioritization across a diverse set of stakeholders
• Demonstrated ability to operate effectively and simultaneously in both strategic and tactical modes
• Familiarity with machine learning and other cutting edge scientific methods, and/or desire to learn more about them
• Familiarity with analytics tools (e.g. Tableau, Quicksight, Alteryx)
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills that convey complex ideas in a simplified manner to a variety of audiences
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top