Principal Product Manager - Merch by Amazon
We're looking for a Principal Product Manager to define and execute a vision to reshape the licensing industry. You'll be the product owner of a new inventive to deliver highly visible Customer and Seller experiences.
You'll be building upon Merch by Amazon, a new Amazon business that provides a make-on-demand platform for creating, publishing, promoting, and selling merchandise such as t-shirts. The demand for the service has been overwhelming. And now we are seeking a strong product owner to help expand the business even faster. If you like high growth, this is the role for you!
The right person for this role will have experience defining and building v1 products with large scope and complexity, ample e-commerce experience, and a track record of working with software developers to define and build new technology. You have to love building stuff and inventing on behalf of customers.
Why this job is awesome: You will be a part of launching new products and business lines for Amazon. You'll get to pioneer new approaches, think big, and be a part of a start-up team within Amazon. You'll get exposure to all facets of the business, not just product management.
- Establish the product vision, goals and key business metrics/indicators (KPIs) for success.
- Define and deliver the product development roadmap
- Define customer and product requirements, and clearly communicate and coordinate the requirements to the development team and other stakeholders.
- Oversee user interface design, business modeling, product requirements, customer research, metrics and data analysis, product launch and product marketing.
- Work cross-functionally with designers, software development engineers, finance, customer service, legal, and business development on a rapid and iterative product development cycle.
- Increase insights on user behavior and pain points. Identify, measure, and improve key customer experience metrics. Promote data-based decision making.
- Continually optimize the product and feature roadmap and manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, time-to-market, and operational support load.
- Manage bottlenecks, resolve escalations, anticipate and make feature and resource trade-offs, balance the business needs against technical constraints, and maximize business benefit while building great customer experiences.
- The ideal candidate will have a track record for developing a vision, defining a strategy and building programs and features from the ground up. In this role, the candidate must be able to influence across multiple company organizations, be an exceptionally strong communicator and analytical thinker and have a history of delivering results. This person will have experience delivering customer-facing, web-based products that reach millions of users, worldwide. They will have solved complicated problems with elegant, simple solutions.
- 8+ years of software product management, preferably in a fast-paced online environment
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Finance or a related field
- Successful history of shipping innovative products.
- Leadership role in product development management in consumer software applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Experience with agile/Scrum software development
- Analytical aptitude and data-driven problem solving abilities
- A first-hand working knowledge of current web technologies
- MBA or advanced degree in related field
- Master's degree
- Experience leading a major product or program to meet aggressive goals and deadline
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent quantitative skills. Strong Excel expertise to access and transform data into insights
- Strategic acumen and a proven ability to define a winning business strategy
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top