Principal Product Manager - Fire TV
- Sunnyvale, CA
Our vision is that customers will be able to access content and enjoy the Fire TV experience whenever and wherever they want. Over the past few years, we have worked with the world's leading OEMs and brands to seamlessly integrate the Fire TV experience into their products - be it Smart TVs, Sound Bars or Automobiles. We have a unique position for a Principal Product Manager who is customer obsessed and results oriented to lead the expansion of Fire TV with the world's leading device manufacturers. Do you enjoy the challenge of building next generation platforms and processes that can scale globally across partners? Do you enjoy working with partners to create products that consumers would love? Do you want to take on the challenge of building out the program that provide these services to third parties? Come and join our team.
In this role you will own the strategy, vision and execution for our platform for all Fire TV partner products, working with partners and internal stakeholders with a high degree of ownership in critical features, user experiences and business outcomes. This role will focus on defining the right product, platform, process and tools that will allow us to meet our aggressive scaling goals, by automating and simplify 3rd party partner (ODM/OEM) integration and onboarding. You must enjoy operating under ambiguity and must enjoy working cross-functionally with internal stakeholders and partners to identify requirements and develop solutions.
• 8+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Assist with the development of a vision, strategy, roadmap and business plan for expansion of the Fire TV platform to support partner products
• Define and own platform and partner scaling goals that will allow us to expand Fire TV with more partners and in more regions
• Manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments.
• Develop relationships with internal and external partner teams. Be the evangelist and point of contact for your team.
• Collaborate with peer leaders to ensure your strategies are in alignment with the rest of the organization
• Develop the long-term platform strategy for your products, while aligning them to the goals of the organization and translate that into an achievable road map
• Dive deep to understand and identify the key technology challenges and to define solutions.
• Drive and own reference designs and specs for core platforms to support multiple products
• Understand and explain complex technical issues, discern impact, and communicate them to business partners to drive resolution.
• Work with business development and other product and engineering leaders to analyze new business opportunities and to drive product prioritization
• Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
• MBA or MS
• Experience working with Smart TV platforms, SoCs and manufacturers
• Experience working with partners in a partner facing role
• Experience in consumer devices, streaming media, voice driven A.I. virtual assistants, or related software experiences
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects and competing priorities in an ever changing environment
• Demonstrated ability to successfully influence stakeholders without formal authority, leading cross functional teams across geographies and business units
• Ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner, to peers and developers and to senior leaders.
• Excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly products and customer-facing features
• Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing technology concepts, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Comfortable challenging assumptions and thinking of creative ways to tackle problems
• Superior analytical and quantitative skills
• Ability to lead and grow a team
Back to top