Enable businesses to focus on building the next generation of data-reactive solutions using Apache Kafka without having to worry about undifferentiated operational overhead.
AWS customers use Apache Kafka to rapidly innovate on real-time data to advance solutions and build new lines of business. The types of real-time solutions customers are building are vast but include machine learning for autonomous applications, autonomous detection of security anomalies within a network, transforming and loading data into data lakes in near real-time, and processing real-time data to optimize and feed ad exchanges. AWS customers are just scratching the surface of the real-time data streaming space, and we are looking for a Principal Product Manager to drive the vision of Amazon Managed Streaming for Apache Kafka (MSK) and build the features and services users want.
Our team is focused on balancing life with work, and does this via work autonomy and by prioritizing solutions and processes that enable us to scale faster than the business. While the office is located in Seattle Washington, working remotely is supported, and oftentimes encouraged. Work hours are flexible and typically self-defined.
Mentorship and Career Growth
One of the keys to AWS's success is its top-tier product management culture. You will have the opportunity work with multiple AWS product management leaders that can help you accelerate your career and bring ideas to market. You will be working closely with a talented team of engineers and managers that will push your technical abilities while you bring new innovations to a widely adopted and fast growing product.
Inclusive Team Culture
You should be excited about working with a world-class team that welcomes, celebrates, and leverages a diverse set of backgrounds and skillsets to deliver results. Delivering results through others is a responsibility in this role, and doing so in a way that builds on our inclusive culture is key to our long term success.
- 10+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, finance, business development or technology
- Experience owning the customer and business success of a technical product or service
- Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a technical product
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- MBA or equivalent work experience in Product or Program Management
- A bachelors in engineering or finance