Principal Product Manager - EC2
- Seattle, WA
The Amazon EC2 Pricing and Elasticity org is looking for a Principal Product Manager to lead a new effort developing compute products for the Financial Services Sector. We are looking for a team member to understand how Financial Service customers in different geographies, deploy manage and pay for their current infrastructure and what new EC2 products and features we should build to fit the unique needs of our global Financial Services customer base.
Given the breadth of the EC2 service this role will require coordination across many internal and external teams and will be visible at the highest levels of the company. You'll work with our customers, partners, software vendors, and operational stakeholders to prioritize roadmap features, and spearhead the definition of new capabilities through expertly crafted business requirements documents.
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
• Define high-quality roadmaps based on your strategy and vision
• Develop detailed, crisp business narratives and user stories that can be used to create pricing strategies, product specifications and new features
• Work closely with sales teams, solution architects, business development and engineering teams to solve complex product and pricing issues
• Manage prioritization and trade-offs between customer experience, performance and operational support load
• Can dive into technical details and ask engineers insightful questions about the services and dependencies you influence
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in other technical field
• 4+ years of business management or product development experience
• Demonstrated ability to engage and influence senior executives
• Verbal and written communications skills, and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences
• Analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions
• MS in Computer Science / Engineering / Mathematics
• 5+ years experience building web services and multi-tier systems
• Experience talking with developers in their own language to come to the best solution from the beginning (hobby or professional coding experience in any language)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top