Principal Product Manager
- Gurgaon, India
Amazon's Selection Monitoring team is responsible for making the biggest catalog on the planet even bigger. We build software to find products not already sold on Amazon and algorithmically add them to the Amazon catalog. Our work involves building state-of-the-art Information Retrieval (IR) systems, extracting structured-data from unstructured-content, automatic item classification, storage systems to hold the massive catalog and distributed systems of cloud-scale. We apply the state-of-the-art parallel processing, machine learning and deep learning algorithms to evaluate millions of products every day and to identify and prioritize new additions to Amazon's selection efficiently. If you are customer obsessed, dedicated, tenacious and love analyzing huge amount of data, you will have fun solving our business problems of unprecedented scale. In this role, you will build and lead a Product /Program across multiple Amazon teams with the goals of making the most important selection available for our customers, building the framework to capture requirements from WW business teams, analyzing impact, and driving decisions based on insights. Come join us in our journey to make everything - and yes, we do mean everything - that anyone wants to buy, available on Amazon!
Our environment is fast-paced and requires a candidate who is flexible, detail-oriented, thrives on ambiguity, and can drive results across cross-functional groups. The ideal candidate will have excellent product management, program management, problem solving and communication skills and be comfortable interacting with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels. The candidate should have a history of driving deep insights from complex data, have exceptional business judgement including financial acumen to quickly assess the viability of key decisions, and the ability to write compelling business documents and drive outcomes for senior leadership at Amazon. The ability to influence cross functionally and across the organization, at all levels, will be absolutely critical to success in this role.
In this role, your key responsibilities will be:
• Lead and own the product roadmap and tech initiatives to improve the end-to-end customer impact
• Understand your customers and their pain points; work with your users and stakeholders to find solutions that help them enable their scenarios.
• Drive execution of cross-team projects from inception to launch, formulate product vision and strategy, define and prioritize road maps, define user stories.
• Work closely with WW business, Tech, product/ program teams on defining, designing and delivering high-quality products; provide feedback on priorities, outcomes and timelines.
• Engage with teams across Amazon to evangelize your team's products and build relationships.
• Identify, assess and mitigate risks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs balancing the business needs vs. constraints.
• Clearly communicate plan and project status to management and key product and business stakeholders.
• MBA or other master's degree in business, marketing, finance or relevant work experience.
• 7+ years of relevant work experience in Product management, Program management, or similar roles.
• Strong data/ Tech background with experience in Analytics or Consultancy or Data Engineering.
• Track record of managing complex products with fast paced schedules and scarce resources.
• Background in analysis of large volume of data to drive recommendations and make decisions.
• Experience in communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels
• Strong verbal and written communication to C-level executives at Amazon and with external partners
• Able to work in a diverse team
• Work experience in the e-commerce industry or software industry with focus on e-commerce, retail, or advertising
• Proven track record of taking ownership and of driving outcomes in a fast paced environment; history of successfully delivering large scale projects in high-quality, managing the entire life-cycle
• Ability to think both strategically and tactically; equally comfortable with long term planning and day to day progress tracking and execution
• Strong business acumen - Experience working with P&L data to drive growth
• Excellent program management and problem solving skills, track record of improving business metrics
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top