As a Principal Product Manager, you will drive the strategy, roadmap, partnerships, as well as outbound business and messaging to scale AWS Wavelength. AWS Wavelength embeds AWS compute and storage services within 5G networks, providing mobile edge computing infrastructure for developing, deploying, and scaling ultra-low-latency applications. Read more about AWS for the Edge, AWS Wavelength, and what our customers have to say about us: https://aws.amazon.com/edge/, https://aws.amazon.com/wavelength/, and https://aws.amazon.com/wavelength/customers/.
You will look across EC2's edge computing service portfolio and work backwards from the customer to understand the capabilities, programming model, and experience AWS will offer developers. This includes end-to-end product responsibility to define our long-term vision, drive engineering priorities, and make roadmap tradeoffs to deliver new functionality. Another key area of responsibility is building a global business through the development and management of strategic partnerships with telecommunications carriers and others deploying 5G networks. Here, you will drive Wavelength's commercial vision in international markets and collaborate closely the technical field (sales specialists, solutions architects, and professional services) community to ensure AWS Wavelength has the correct positioning to enable compelling customer use cases. Finally, you will liaise with internal AWS services and infrastructure teams to understand the unique challenges and constraints of the edge, and define the right product strategy and solutions to tackle them.
The successful candidate will form a strategy that gets to the core of what customers value, set priorities that move that strategy forward, and exert influence to align diverse stakeholders, both internal and external. Candidates should enjoy working in a collaborative, analytical, and fast-paced environment and be comfortable interacting with technical, cross-functional teams. Candidates must dive deep into data, have strong writing and oral presentation skills, and be comfortable leading executive-level reviews. This is a strategic position that will impact the direction of EC2 Edge going forward.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field
• Minimum of 8 years of product management experience translating customer needs into features and product offerings to deliver customer value
• Proven ability to launch products that result in customer success in new market segments
• Ability to communicate technical issues convincingly to a wide range of audiences
• Energized about possibility of building and creating something new
• MBA or a Master's degree in a technical discipline preferred
• Prior experience or interest in wireless systems, mobile networking, and/or telco carrier business models is a plus
• Interest in outbound product management and defining/executing go-to-market strategies
• Experience successfully improving processes for product management and for collaboration with partner teams.
• Knowledge on topics around 5G, IoT, and Analytics
• Negotiating with external partners and suppliers to drive product creation and commercial relationships excites you
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us