Principal Product Manager - AWS Certificate Manager
- Seattle, WA
Are you excited at the prospect of making it easy to securely identify digital resources? Do you want to help simplify the issuance, distribution, and management of certificates and make it easy to secure and identify resources? Security is the #1 concern of customers moving to the cloud and the AWS Cryptography team is dedicated to providing the security features our customers need.
AWS Cryptography services enable customers to identify resources and establish secure network connections with other cloud and on-premises resources. Our services help customers create, manage, and deploy digital certificates based on strong cryptography and security best practices. Customers can move sensitive workloads to the cloud where they can benefit from strong identity and security controls that help meet internal and external compliance requirements.
We are looking for an innovative technical product manager with an interest in information security, identity, certificates, and public key infrastructure (PKI). This is a senior-level role owning the product direction for AWS Certificate Manager. We are looking for an entrepreneurial product manager to help flesh out and drive new opportunities in this space. It's a bold challenge with huge upside and great visibility. This is an opportunity to join a growing AWS service team, gain top-notch experience in cloud computing, and help bring new disruptive solutions to market at massive scale.
As the Principal Product Manager for AWS Certificate Manager you will:
• Understand our customers inside and out
• Develop product strategy and vision and translate it into creative, high quality, simple features
• Make the business decisions that grow the adoption and usage of our services and accelerate the growth of our overall security business
• Set prices, target the right customers, and focus our investments in the right areas
• Work closely with the engineering teams to design, schedule, and deliver in an agile environment to launch products to external customers
• Launch new features and make sure our sales, marketing, and PR teams are telling the most compelling story
• Invent on behalf of customers
You are a tenacious self-starter with a passion for secure cloud computing and who can serve as a strong advocate for our developer, corporate, and consumer customers. You have proven analytical capabilities, persuasive writing skills, Internet business experience, and the tenacity to develop ideas and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment. You understand customer needs and the competitive landscape and can translate them into features with an unparalleled customer experience.
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• 10+ years of Technical Product Management with Internet businesses or related experience
• Proven track record of taking a product from conception & definition phase through engineering design and taking it to market
• Experience with roadmap management and making product tradeoffs
• Demonstrated writing skills at a level suitable for presentation to senior executives
• Analytical background sufficient for pricing / margin / elasticity analysis
• Technical competence with distributed systems, networking, storage, and security and experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
[CT1]10+, based on the role guideline.
• MS in Computer Science/Engineering/Mathematics or MBA
• Familiarity with information security principles and best practices, cryptography, certificates, enterprise identity, and other PKI use cases such as IoT
• Experience working with developers and security engineers to come to the best solution to problems where confidentiality, integrity and availability are difficult to achieve together
• Solid understanding of the software development process
• Demonstrated track record of delivering new features and products
• Passion for innovating on behalf of customers
• Provable and documented track record of taking ownership and driving actual business results (e.g. analysis of revenue or margin increases, field and consumer program management with measurable results)
• Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills
• Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, manage, and prioritize multiple sub-projects simultaneously in order pull together a single vision
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey technical information to a wide variety of audiences
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top