Principal Product Manager - A-to-z Guarantee
- Dallas, TX
ABOUT THE TEAM
Customer Trust & Partner Support (CTPS) is responsible for creating a trustworthy shopping experience across Amazon stores worldwide by protecting customers, brands, selling partners and Amazon from fraud, counterfeit, and abuse as well as empowering, providing worldclass support, and building loyalty with Amazon's millions of selling partners. We value individual expression, respect different opinions, and work together to create a culture where each of us is able to contribute fully. Our unique backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our ability to achieve Amazon's mission of being Earth's most customer-centric company. Amazon's Perfect Order Experience team, under CTPS, works to ensure that Customers can buy with confidence on Amazon. We develop and implement technology innovations, programs, tools, and policies to protect the buying experience on Amazon while minimizing friction for our selling partners. Our team is constantly innovating on behalf of customers to solve business problems. We are looking for a Pr. Product Manager to help us drive improvements in our A-to-Z Guarantee space.
ABOUT THE ROLE
A-to-z Guarantee is Amazon's primary mechanism for protecting customers when they encounter a negative order experience with a third-party seller. We focus on helping Customers easily report a problem when something goes wrong, Sellers to effectively resolve these problems for our customers, and Amazon systems & associates to efficiently adjudicate decisions where we need to step in! Because of the customer experience & financial impact of this product, as well as the opportunities to test integration points upstream, parallel, and downstream this is an exciting opportunity for a Principal Product Manager to enter the team, think big, simplify & reinvent, and help set the future vision for the product!
• Lead the development of the product strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis.
• Generate buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners.
• Define creative, high quality, simple product roadmaps based on product strategy and vision.
• Lead the definition, design and construction of features that delight customers.
• Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application.
• Partner with key Operational, Tech, Business, and Product experts across the company to lead, support, and influence the strategy for the program.
• Write crisp strategy and execution documents for a varied audience, including executive leadership and partner teams.
• Drive dialog with engineering teams and program management across multiple teams to deliver.
• Own Products end-to-end, including design, build, test, launch, and measure post-launch.
• Proactively identify & clear hurdles and closely manage prioritization to achieve strategic, customer experience, financial, and operational goals.
• 7+ years of experience in Product Management, or relevant work in Program Management.
• Experience with end to end product delivery.
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition.
• Strong analytical & quantitative skills and sound business judgment, and a proven ability to take ownership, conduct data-driven deep dives, and deliver results.
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product.
• Familiarity with front-end and back-end application infrastructure.
• Experience coordinating complex product development cycles and software development schedules.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives.
• Strong track record with commitment towards goals and outcomes across business, operational, and experience metrics.
• Proven ability to work autonomously in a highly ambiguous and rapidly changing environment, and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and pitch in wherever necessary.
• 10+ years experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams.
• Experience with P&L ownership.
• Education or certification background such as an MBA or PhD.
• Proven ability to define product long term strategies and translate that vision into delivery independently, with limited guidance and structure.
• Intensely customer-focused, with passion for and experience in improving customer purchase and post-purchase experiences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top