Principal Product Manager, Amazon Books
Join the team that is growing Amazon Books. We've applied Amazon's 20 years of online bookselling experience to build stores that integrate the benefits of offline and online shopping. We are looking for entrepreneurial, analytical, creative, flexible leaders to help us make Amazon Books the world's most customer-centric bookstore and a place that customers love to shop. If you want to join a fast-paced, innovative team that is making history and breaking new ground for Amazon, this is the place for you.
We are hiring a Principal Product Manager to drive a new business initiative for Amazon Books. In this role you will:
- Work closely with Amazon Books leadership and leaders across Amazon to own the development of the core strategy and differentiation model for this new initiative.
- Collaborate with Amazon Books functional and technical teams to identify the systems, processes, and organization required to launch and operate.
- Partner with the finance team to build a viable financial model and plan.
- Gain alignment with leadership across multiple teams on the strategy and plan.
- Drive execution of the plan and launch this new initiative.
As an ideal candidate, you have:
- A history of exceptional performance and working in a dynamic, ambiguous, fast-paced environment in which managing multiple projects and priorities is the norm.
- Excellent judgment and high standards.
- Demonstrated strategic, analytical and quantitative skills, and the ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
- Strong communication skills and are an articulate, persuasive communicator and a clear and concise writer.
- A track record of developing deep trust and respect with your teams and peers and are eager to be a key contributor on a new Amazon team in start-up mode.
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves, dive deep and do whatever is necessary to make progress; a general manager / owner mentality.
- 6+ years in product management or new business development
- BA/BS degree is required
- Experience managing and developing offline retail businesses
- Passion for offline retail business building
- A love of books
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top