Principal Product Manager - Alexa Communications
The Alexa Communications team's mission is to bring people closer together by enabling customers to use the Alexa service for convenient, natural, and expressive conversations. Customers today can call and receive voice and video calls and we have recently launched Drop In, a new way to communicate spontaneously with the people you care about most, both within and outside the home.
We are looking for someone who is excited about understanding how we can help customers connect with each other and specifically how we can make the experience more natural by improving the quality of voice and video calls. Imagine helping elderly customers communicate clearly with their children and grandchildren, or providing an experience where you could imagine being together with the people you are communicating with, even when you are in separate parts of the world
As a Principal Product Manager, you will develop a deep understanding of how customers wants to communicate with each other. You will use this understanding to define, execute, and deliver a product roadmap that improves the audio and video experience for customers communicating using the Alexa service. You will participate in developing the strategy and vision for the team and how features are prioritized. This role is inherently cross-functional -- you will work closely with Amazon software and device teams, third party device manufacturers and communications services, finance and executive teams.
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used by technical teams to deliver solutions that help customers
- Lead the development of the consumer-focused product strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis
- Define creative and high quality product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Work closely with engineering teams and program management to deliver solutions
- Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
- Define metrics and data-driven mechanisms that allow us to objectively measure how well we are doing and use A/B testing experiments to drive improvements
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
- Bachelor's degree or higher with a technical discipline
- 10+ years of professional experience with 5+ years of software product management experience
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products/services and projects on tight deadlines
- Experience coordinating product development cycles, software development schedules, and launching products to customers
- Experience finding avenues to understand customers' needs and work in their feedback into your product roadmap
- Master's degree or higher with a technical discipline
- Experience with product management for voice or video services
- Experience with audio / video technologies used to deliver a production service to consumers
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top