Principal Product Manager- Alexa AVS SDK
- Munich, Germany
Alexa, Amazon's cloud-based voice service, is now available on more than 100 million devices from Amazon and third-party manufacturers. Alexa Voice Service (AVS) enables third-party manufactures access cloud-based Alexa capabilities through APIs, software and hardware development kits, tools, and documentation. The APIs and the software development kits are used by hundreds of manufacturers like Sonos, Bose, GE, Sony, Anker, and Ecobee. Our vision is that customers will be able to access Alexa whenever and wherever they want, and on any device they want.
We are looking for a seasoned technical product leader to build the features in our current SDKs, or build new SDKs to enable third party manufacturers to build Alexa Built-in products. This leader will define and deliver the roadmap of the existing Alexa Device and Smartscreen SDKs, as well as conceptualize and launch new SDKs based on the needs of the device manufacturers. This will enable device makers to build products that make Alexa the preferred voice assistant on their devices .
The SDKs are available at
github.com/alexa/alexa-smart-screen-sdk and github.com/alexa/avs-device-sdk
Our ideal candidate will have successfully led multiple, major, worldwide, technology enabled products or services. You should have hands-on experience in introducing developer tool kits. You should be comfortable with coordinating product and engineering teams in a fast paced and fluid business environment. You should be customer obsessed, data focused, and comfortable advocating for your plans and explaining business results to our company's most senior executives. Perhaps most importantly, you should have a passion for technology and delighting customers around the globe with new and innovative products and services.
A successful candidate will have strong passion for developers and experience in designing platform strategies. You have a background in software development and product management, specific to software platforms and ecosystems. You must be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively across multiple organizations, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that developers and customers love.
• Write product/marketing requirements documents and ensure clear communication and coordination of requirements to the business, design and development teams.
• Own the overall product roadmap, and manage prioritization and tradeoffs against developer experience, customer experience, and time to market.
• Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners, including device manufacturers.
• Establish business processes and policies as well as metrics and indicators for success.
• Measure and analyze existing products and business models for opportunities to innovate and improve, providing additional benefits to developers and customers.
• Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members.
• Develop, report, and continually improve business performance metrics.
• Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals.
• 8+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience coordinating complex product development cycles and software development schedules.
• Experience in mobile technology, web services and back-end application infrastructure.
• Experience creating Software Development Kits (SDKs).
• MBA or Master's Degree
• Ecosystem experience working with software vendors
• Experience with platforms and development tools
• Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously and ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
• Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
• History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
• Proven analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop project business cases.
• Experience in consumer electronics product management
• Proven track-record of taking ownership and driving results
• Strong sense of brand and editorial voice; the ability to harmonize message across multiple channels and marketing vehicles
• Superior verbal and written communications skills with high attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications.
• Analytical acumen, and comfortable generating and evaluating various forecasts, metrics, and analyses
• Ability to work autonomously in a highly demanding and often ambiguous environment, with attention to detail and organizational skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Back to top