Principal Product Manager, Alexa Automotive
- Perth, Australia
Do you like Alexa? Do you have a passion for cars? Do you love bleeding edge technology? The Amazon Alexa Automotive team is looking for an industry expert to define and create next generation automotive in-cabin experiences . This person define current and future automotive experiences for Alexa, the voice controlled AI behind the Amazon Echo, into automobiles.
As a Principal Product Manager, you will provide strategic and tactical guidance to the Alexa Auto team for the features and experiences of our products and services. You will drive the strategy and oversee multiple product roadmaps. You will ultimately be accountable for the requirements that shape the next generation Alexa Automotive products and services. This role is inherently cross-functional. As such, you will work closely with software development, business development, marketing, and other leaders to bring products to market, and to identify, develop and grow business opportunities for Amazon and our automotive partners.
Our ideal candidate will have launched multiple, high-profile automotive or embedded products, have demonstrated the ability to lead high-performance teams, and have deep understanding of product management, user experience, and software development processes (especially agile). Ideally, you will also have experience in automotive infotainment and connected vehicle ecosystems. You should be highly analytical, able to work effectively across teams, and thrive in entrepreneurial, fast-paced work environments.
• Lead product strategy and vision supported by internal data and external analysis.
• Define creative, high quality, simple product requirements and roadmaps based on product strategy.
• Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support requirements.
• Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key partners
• Work closely with engineering teams to deliver products to market using agile development methodologies.
• Stay current and report on industry trends, including new opportunities, competitor capabilities, etc.
• Drive product launches including working with marketing, public relations, and business leaders.
• Recruit and develop top-tier product management talent.
• 8+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• BA/BS degree
• 10+ years of product management experience
• 5+ years leading product management teams in automotive or embedded facing businesses
• Ability travel up to 20%
• Successful history of shipping innovative products that customers love.
• Excellent communication and persuasion skills; demonstrated success building buy-in for an innovative and bold vision.
• Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing architectural concepts, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members.
• Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; strong bias towards data-based decision making and comfort with pro-forma financial and operational analysis.
• Nimbleness and comfort with ambiguity; comfort responding quickly to rapidly evolving threats and opportunities.
• Strong bias for action; willingness to roll up the sleeves and ability to juggle multiple priorities to create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Recognizes that product development is a team sport; Has a strong team-orientation.
• Personal passion for (and early adopter of) emerging technologies and committed to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge.
• MBA from a top tier university.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top