Principal Product Manager
- Vancouver, Canada
THE HOME INNOVATIONS TEAM
The Home Innovation Team (HIT) aims to materially improve pre-purchase shopping in home furnishings and pets by delivering
personalized and visual shopping experiences that maximize customer confidence. We are a global organization that scales new
experiences across regions and via partnerships with the Home Innovation Program (EU) and India Other Hardlines (IN OHL) teams.
We are seeking an unconventional, visionary, and driven Principal Product Manager to lead Detail Page and Data Quality improvements. In this role, you will serve as a senior member of our product management team and own the strategy, roadmap, positioning, and go to market success for one or more products. You will also lead a small team of Product Managers and help them come up with the North Star vision to take our organization to the next level.
Here are other qualities we desire in an product leader:
Be great fun to work with, the credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge, work across teams and make a big impact.
Enjoy communicating with customers and partners. You will have a passion for helping customers of all shapes and sizes.
Be a role model for boundary-less collaboration. You will work hand-in-hand with many internal and external stakeholders to translate market insight into features and roadmaps.
Possess a hybrid, results-oriented skill-set. While the ideal candidate is highly capable doing the inbound activities involved in building great products, you can focus your energy outbound as well. You are comfortable hands-on in the trenches executing on deliverables as needed to grow your products.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Lead the definition and management of high quality product roadmaps toward the team's strategy and vision
• Develop product and solution requirements, working backwards from the customer.
• Identify target market segments, segment sizing and ideal Home & Lifestyle customer targets, and design forward-thinking product improvements for each segment
• Establish customer feedback loops to synthesize feedback and consolidate feature requests, providing specific requirements to engineering and driving follow-up actions and communications
• Demonstrate people leadership by managing 2-3 product managers, mentoring and coaching colleagues and taking the lead overseeing the activities of cross-functional teams
• Manage delivery of current products concurrently with future product planning
• Collaborating regularly and independently with the tech teams to transfer knowledge of the customer needs and ensure the technical solution designed solves for customer and business needs
• Making trade-off decisions with the tech team regarding features and priorities within the roadmap based on overall relative impact and speed to market
• BA/BS degree in Finance, Computer Science, Business, Engineering or similar discipline with analytical bias
• 7+ years as product, program, or project manager in an engineering, or business capacity
• Ability to communicate effectively across levels, including ability to simplify complex topics for broad audiences
• Ability to work effectively with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Independently driven, resourceful, and able to deliver results with minimal direction
• Data-driven decision making or quantitative analysis skills (including deep knowledge of Excel, including modeling)
• Proven track record of managing and executing large projects from start to finish, including project management, data gathering, problem solving and communicating recommendations
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
• MBA + relevant experience
• Management experience with demonstrated leadership skills with proven ability to take on and create new assignments
• Experience optimizing for short-term execution while planning for long-term technical capabilities
• Experience driving multiple projects through a complete life cycle
• Advanced problem solving and root cause analysis combined with proven ability to communicate those analysis.
Back to top